• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your Chan

bamboo

Reaction score
Original question was customers on Style Forum just stopped posting here or changed to another tailors.

In Hong Kong, many tailors started to come to do trunk shows so there may be a movement to those tailors from Chan.
I think many of the customers posted here are overseas customers. They just stopped posting here or moved to another tailor?

I am not interested in operational cost analysis of the tailor shop as I am not in the business, but I see trunk show itself does not mean higher cost per suit for over all operation.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Before Chinese New Year , AMHC cmt 2 pc is hk$9k . I think is a good choice in Central. Chan don't accept cmt . Regular price for entry fabric VBC two piece is hk$14k.

AMHC price is not bad its pretty much the same as AC CMT but how is style at AMHC?

Last edited:

Hifilover

Reaction score

AMHC price is not bad its pretty much the same as AC CMT but how is style at AMHC?

AMHC don't need new customers to make first suit with house fabric .
Personally , i think AMHC style is classic , not trendy as Chan . Craftmanship is top notch .

Hifilover

Reaction score

They did a recent offer with Dugdale fabric that reduced prices somewhat I believe, it's probably over now. Someone was saying that there have been some internal staff 're-allocation'.

For Dugdale price reduction, craftmanship is lower than average or not? Any idea of their Dugdale price now ?

Hifilover

Reaction score

Original question was customers on Style Forum just stopped posting here or changed to another tailors.

In Hong Kong, many tailors started to come to do trunk shows so there may be a movement to those tailors from Chan.
I think many of the customers posted here are overseas customers.  They just stopped posting here or moved to another tailor?  

I am not interested in operational cost analysis of the tailor shop as I am not in the business, but I see trunk show itself does not mean higher cost per suit for over all operation.  

Agreed .

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good point about their prices ... they certainly went up quickly since I started working with them in 2009 (and they were not cheap by that time either). I stayed with them despite price hikes, because they had my pattern down perfectly and because dealing with Patrick was always such a pleasure.

If they stop traveling to Europe (as their published trunk show schedule implies), all of that does not help me anymore. It is too important for me to have the ability to place and discuss new orders in person and I want to be able to discuss changes/refinements for completed orders with Patrick looking at them. Just ordering online and communicating with the tailor by emailing photos is not what I would consider a bespoke experience.

Last edited:

beowolf

Reaction score
Chan is coming to D.C. In march, what are the chances of getting a suit completed before June?

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Simpson Sin can make a suit like Canali ? It is a steal for usd 700. Even Canali mtm cost much more than that .

Yes. I always wanted to try Canali MTM and now they have a master tailor from Italy that resides in HK to make your suit fit perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads