• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

supermang

Reaction score

Do you guys have any recommendations for light wash denim that fits with the EG aesthetic?

I have a pair of light washed Simon Miller jeans I wear with almost all of my EG tops; great washes but kinda pricey at full retail.

LVC and RRL also work great with EG

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
Do you guys know of any brands that make shorts similar to the fit of the Ghurka shorts from previous seasons? That is, slightly longer and more tapered than the SS16 Ghurka.

Last edited:

lawlercon

Reaction score
Wear on those is incredible.

Dino19

Reaction score
Totally unrelated & off topic - any kind souls in the UK who's willing to proxy a pair of Converse for me, please send a PM to me. Thanks.

lawlercon

Reaction score

LAtty

Reaction score
They're much baggier than I had expected. I have the denim ones, in spring/summer weight. They're comfortable, sort of like light sweatpants.

tobiasfunke

Reaction score
They're much baggier than I had expected. I have the denim ones, in spring/summer weight. They're comfortable, sort of like light sweatpants.
Really? I thought they we're way too tight in the thighs—almost skin tight like the Cambridge short, and I don't have big legs.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Work fit: Bedford (S/S 15) Kamakura Wily Post (S/S 16) Alden
I've always enjoyed your fits @Cotton Dockers. You were the impetus for me to start working my Bedfords into a business casual work environment. My industry is pretty staid but nowadays I've settled into Alden shell shoe/boot, chinos and an OCBD with a cotton or wool serge Bedford as my standard uniform especially in the warmer months. You make it look easy
1f600.png

Last edited:

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always enjoyed your fits @Cotton Dockers . You were the impetus for me to start working my Bedfords into a business casual work environment. My industry is pretty staid but nowadays I've settled into Alden shell shoe/boot, chinos and an OCBD as my standard uniform especially in the warmer months.

You make it look easy
1f600.png

Thanks, man. That is very kind of you to say and it sounds like we have the same uniform.

Any quality post of mine is due to the good dudes on this thread like @lawlercon @Ken P @txwoodworker @Beedub @ramdomthought @timpoblete etc.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads