• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

R3V3RI3

Reaction score
IMG_9315.jpeg

Phullyman

Reaction score
Yes, but I hate depending on someone else’s measurements, not everyone knows how to measure 😅 Kind of annoying the sizing inconsistencies tbh.

Do you have a Bedford yourself? Are the shoulders a bit wider because of the cut?

Thank you

The Bedford sizing has changed over the years. A Xl back in 2016 can fit like a M now. Best is to ask for measurements from the seller

WCMTWS

Reaction score
Hey guys figured here is as good as anywhere to ask!

I recently picked up a highland parka, 23SS version. I am curious about the level of warmth it has? Compared to say the over coat from the FW22 collection which I normally use. I was able to get by with just a long sleeve under the over coat but have a feeling the highland isn't quite as toasty?

illiterate

Reaction score
Hey guys figured here is as good as anywhere to ask!

I recently picked up a highland parka, 23SS version. I am curious about the level of warmth it has? Compared to say the over coat from the FW22 collection which I normally use. I was able to get by with just a long sleeve under the over coat but have a feeling the highland isn't quite as toasty?
well, it's a spring/summer item so I wouldn't really expect it to provide any real warmth in a cold climate. most of the spring/summer fabrics aren't really for cold climates. how cold is it where you live? you could maybe get away with it with some layering underneath if you have mild-ish winters.

WCMTWS

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured the Spring/Summer was a give away for how warm/not warm it'll be. But it's a parka, figured it's for the cold! It'll mostly be worn in east coast temps, nyc/Boston.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Morning everyone, big thanks to everyone that advise me about sizing of Bedfords.

I recently found one with a big discount in one of the local retailers here in Madrid. It’s a size S and it fits me very well I think and I’m usually a Medium in most brands (will post a pic later today). I think it’s the 6.5 Navy Twill cotton from 22SS or 23SS (From what I’ve found online), if only I could find the matching fatigue pants…

Have a nice day

Nacho

blackcheer

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda figured the Spring/Summer was a give away for how warm/not warm it'll be. But it's a parka, figured it's for the cold! It'll mostly be worn in east coast temps, nyc/Boston.
Engineered Garments is known for messing around with form and function.

WCMTWS

Reaction score
Engineered Garments is known for messing around with form and function.

Apparently so, iv'e slowly been buying more and more from them, sitting at about 8 things thus far. Never even thought about a parka being for summer though! Also read that white tags= S/S and black is F/W so that's good to know..and I just learned to quote. noice.​

nachobarro

Reaction score

evolsirhc

Reaction score

Phullyman

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads