• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I want to get a spring parka. something like an m65 or a trail parka, in olive preferably. ideally something used but I'm struggling to find anything available after searching for my normal brands. i'm an xs, so if anyone's seen anything on y!jp/rakuten/etc., give me a shout. tempted to just get an alpha m65 but i've heard the fit leaves something to be desired...

Last edited:

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oooo that's a crazy good deal but not really the aesthetic i'm going for fabric wise. looking for something more millitary/workwear. someone should grab that isaora though!

msg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CDG Trousers - wanting something a bit more work-wear inspired than my current mix of Denim + Schneider. CDG does something like this every season, I think. Not sure about the taper, can't tell if it's too much.

https://www.farfetch.com/ae/shoppin...t-skinny-tailored-trousers-item-12262329.aspx

12262329_10698911_1000.jpg

12262329_10698914_1000.jpg

CDG_SHIRT_W25140-BLACK-M-A_2048x2048.jpg

yunBW

Reaction score
CDG Trousers - wanting something a bit more work-wear inspired than my current mix of Denim + Schneider. CDG does something like this every season, I think. Not sure about the taper, can't tell if it's too much.

https://www.farfetch.com/ae/shoppin...t-skinny-tailored-trousers-item-12262329.aspx

View attachment 942234

View attachment 942235

View attachment 942236
From the picture you showed the tapering doesn’t seem too aggressive, but on the product shot for farfetch seems really tapered... I would say you can pass it if you’re not sure because I feel you could find similar style with other brands.

yunBW

Reaction score
37004142-93D8-4881-889A-53FFA2141A0C.jpeg
BA3F1262-FC8B-4572-96D4-FA62A9D72E36.jpeg

AnnD long blazer women.

Still on a hunt for a black “casual” blazer, I found this long blazer for women and it seems really cool. I wonder if I should with more “normal” silhouette blazer like this?
D703B033-A7C4-41F9-9430-EFFA95B980EC.png

My style is kinda SLP with a mixed of other loose silhouette and draped clothing. I want to to work with something fun/experimental, yet subtle. My age kinda allow more “play” with the clothes

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
are you looking to cross dress? that's a decidedly womanly cut

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not really, just trying out different fit and cut... yeah it’s definitely more womanly cut. What about the third blazer? Which is more normal.

I feel like you could use more concrete idea of what you're going for. I don't understand what "SLP with a drapier, looser cut" means because SLP is all about a very fitted silhouette. Almost like what you'd see on some strung out, heroin rocker from the '90s or something.

The other black jacket is fine, but it just depends on what you want.

Reaction score

View attachment 942234

View attachment 942235

View attachment 942236
I recently started wearing these AllSaints cropped trousers instead of jeans. Ended up buying a couple different pairs. I believe it is the Carlow Trouser. They've got a few different similar pants though.

yunBW

Reaction score
I feel like you could use more concrete idea of what you're going for. I don't understand what "SLP with a drapier, looser cut" means because SLP is all about a very fitted silhouette. Almost like what you'd see on some strung out, heroin rocker from the '90s or something.

The other black jacket is fine, but it just depends on what you want.
My bad, I couldn’t really explain what’s my style... like sometimes I go with really fitted clothes, and sometimes mix with more relaxed silhouette (like Lemaire) because I’m still prior comfort when going to classes. And I just want a casual black blazer to go with most of my clothes, which is mostly dark tone or black. Hope it makes sens

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My bad, I couldn’t really explain what’s my style... like sometimes I go with really fitted clothes, and sometimes mix with more relaxed silhouette (like Lemaire) because I’m still prior comfort when going to classes. And I just want a casual black blazer to go with most of my clothes, which is mostly dark tone or black. Hope it makes sens

I think these are all really different references. Ann D, SLP, Lemaire, etc. It's OK to have different aesthetics in your wardrobe, but before anyone can say whether something is worth buying, it would help to know how you want to dress. "Dark toned" and "black" aren't really specific enough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads