• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

krudsma

Reaction score
Appreciate it. I've always wanted that Camoshita set up but there's no way it would fit me, was hoping this could fill that void. Alas.

I also tried on this Lemaire jacket (they didn't have the trousers), thoughts on these two sizes?

PXL_20220401_202314151.MP~2.jpg
pxl_20220401_202150086-mp-jpg.1774422

Attachments

• PXL_20220401_202150086.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220401_202150086.MP.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 501

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the fit works for you and you know you'll wear it a lot then it'll be worth it and you should get it. Aren't most of your pants on the slimmer side right now? Are you comfortable with the fit on those jeans which I think is monkey cisco? It could be a good change from what you have now.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard pass

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The lace appliqué doesn't really work, unlike in e.g here:

Is it because of the stern look? Because take the top on its own and I don't think it works there either.

On Kapital, I'm with Greg here, and in general, what I've realised is that you either have to all in with them an go entirely with their overall aesthetics, or be very careful about waiting for the occasional brilliant pieces they produce that will work with whatever you actually wear - and those pieces are not that common, and also which have no connection to price - my favourite Kapital item I have is a pair of "Motenai" jeans, made from second-grade denim, bought for less than a pair of Levis. Most of what they do is expensive trash and gimmicks.

Nyarlathotep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Personally I loved Burberry SS17, been hunting down some pieces that I missed. I have the 'male' version of that sweater which I wear with black slacks.

upsett1_spaghett1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for cheap boots that I can beat up and that keeps the elements out if I'm walking on a beach, easy hikes, etc. These Diemme are like a cross between duck and chelsea. Should I get these or maybe a pair of blundstones?
I think Blundstones are better looking. Jim Green makes a Chelsea that is by all accounts pretty great if you are looking for something super burly.

peachfuzzmcgee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly I do think the bone denim can look really good. I think for the most part it's inoffensive, I just didn't like the 12.5 oz weight.

I've also fallen away from Kapital because they recycle boring ideas more often than not. However just like @FlyingMonkey said, it's an aesthetic choice that you have to go pretty far into for it to look good/effortless. Frankly I don't really look at anything from Kapital aside from Century denim. They used to be a really interesting brand, but at the current going rate of US prices, I don't see how people do it. Also I can't even sell my **** because everyone thinks everything is fake and I don't keep old receipts from Kapital. I could show them my points card I guess?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads