• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)?

bertie

Reaction score

Interesting I didn't even think that the lapel may roll back when it's unbuttoned, it's funny the site doesn't give any indication of this. 

If it's Yoox - they button all the jackets, even the 3 roll 2s. The lapels on that one do look skimply but loks fine for casual wear if you don't button the top button.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Aspesi, cotton/linen blend. Pretty sure it can be worn as a 3-roll-2.

Last edited:

VitaTimH

Reaction score

Thoughts or opinions, helps if you have seen or handled..........
If this is the one that shows different colors at different angles and is shiny almost to the point of iridescence, it's extremely eye-catching and might not be the most versatile piece of outerwear imo. Isn't this one like 3 years old though? Where'd you find it?

BuffaloWang

Reaction score
SNS Stark cardigan for $70?
Has been tossed in the dryer and shows effects of wool pilling.

Still worth it?

Last edited:

Cole

Reaction score
I have $214 right now, been selling stuff trying to get a TOJ but I'm lost. I found a pair of CP bball highs in white hardly used came up somewhere for $165 shipped and I'm not sure if I should cop or keep saving for a toj. also, I don't know what toj I should get. toj0 2013 in gray with black lamb sleeves and black hardware for$380/charcoal ma-1 for$450/black lamb BCDR with silver zips for $780. I feel like I need a toj or more interesting clothing than I have to wear the bball highs right now. but I don't wanna miss the deal :( already do have a pair of Achilles low vintage, though... help me decide on what to get, SF

Cole

Reaction score

That's a damn good deal on some CP's.

I know. ****. I don't wanna knock out that much of what I earned right now since it's hard to make money without a job (although I'm looking, most places won't hire at 17) but I figured I won't be able to find a pair of cps this cheap again

BuffaloWang

Reaction score

I know. ****. I don't wanna knock out that much of what I earned right now since it's hard to make money without a job (although I'm looking, most places won't hire at 17) but I figured I won't be able to find a pair of cps this cheap again

Well you just answered your own question. "I figured I won't be able to find a pair of CP's this cheap again."

So buy them.

ToJ can wait.

From another perspective, you are 17. You are hopefully going to grow more. I'd hold out on an expensive ToJ till college.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads