• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoe Damage Report & Appreciation Central - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
those are way sweet. great closeup pictures. Vass is truly a work of art.

do you have any issues with pulling out the lasted trees?

i find it very difficult pulling/pushing them through without having the bulbous part of the trees stretch out the waist area.

Put them in sideways, then steadily rotate 90 degrees as you are pushing them in. Does that make sense?

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own this shoe, it very nice, me happy, you all buy.

william

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83
Put them in sideways, then steadily rotate 90 degrees as you are pushing them in. Does that make sense?

Bingo. This is how I work my C&J shoe trees.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zjpj83

yes, i of course, i do rotate them when putting them in and out, but still the bulbous part still stretches the narrow waist even with twisting.

i dont want the last to contort out of shape after a time being , i hope this never happened to anyone with lasted shoe trees and a narrow waist.

Gladhatter

Reaction score
OH YES! I do not normally care a great deal for Black shoes but I do like these. Mighty fine.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
do you have any issues with pulling out the lasted trees?

i find it very difficult pulling/pushing them through without having the bulbous part of the trees stretch out the waist area.

Just follow Z's direction. Gently turn and push at the same time as much as the shoe allows you to, you can almost feel as if the shoe is guiding the tree with you just being the assistant. That's one fantastic aspect of lasted shoe trees that they interact with the shoes as one unified whole. There shouldn't be any stretching out in the waist area or in any area for that matter if done properly. Do it long enough you'll do it without a second thought, like an instinct. Same thing with pulling out the trees that you need to turn the trees as you pull. Don't use generic trees like you mentioned in AAAC, your Vass deserves better.

Originally Posted by whnay.
Man, those are really really nice. Did you get weird looks through customs?

Funny that you asked. I breezed thru US customs no problem. It's a dumb-striken look that I got as why there're so many shoes costing so much when I present my receipt for custom stamp for VAT refund purpose.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of shoes I bought last month:

Peluso Napoli, goodyear welted, bought from yoox

img4465rv6.jpg

Sutor Mantellasi, suede, bought from STP

img4461ek0.jpg

the quality of the pictures are crappy, sorry about that. the color of those loafers are actually of a lighter shade.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoe mystery....
New & Lingwood/Poulsen Skone Balmoral Semi-Brogues in Tan
Sem-bevelled waist with FULL leather heels
Full leather linings
Information printed on lining:
K19438 633SL-14
160 7.5E
(guess: Last 160?)

The upper were definitely old when I received them, and appreciated two solid coats of leather conditioner. I applied one layer of wax but havent finished a mirror shine. They are looking quite nice so far, I might not keep them though given the two similar pairs I already own.

nl1ie1.jpg

nl3nj5.jpg

nl2tc9.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like those suede Sutors acidicboy, nice find. Did they run true to size?

well-kept

Reaction score
Norcal,
What is the shape of the heel pad under the insole cover? That will be a clue.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
I like those suede Sutors acidicboy, nice find. Did they run true to size?

I agree! I've been fighting the (well-shod) devil on my shoulder over those for months now.

EvEr37

Reaction score
Should have these boots buy the middle of next week. Just had to have them. Will post pics when I get them.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EvEr37
Should have these boots buy the middle of next week. Just had to have them. Will post pics when I get them.

These are currently on sale in the JM Weston stores in HK, around 30% off. The angel on my shoulder is taking a beating from the devil, but I think I will hold out, just can't see myself wearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads