• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SF Cribs: The places behind the clothes

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
The mystery of the missing guitar solved at last.

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
I hope your imaginary alter ego hasn't been setting up fight clubs across the nation while you've been suffering this cronic insomnia.
wink.gif

That's scary, do you have a camera in here? How did you know?
I'm waving, can you see me?
laugh.gif

P.S. N R, I bet you checked out every bed in the place to get the one you have.
More nice wood! It looks flamed. Yes?

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
P.S. N R, I bet you checked out every bed in the place to get the one you have.
More nice wood! It looks flamed. Yes?

There was a bed just like it in the showroom made in walnut that was quite gorgeous, so that was one deciding factor. Another was the fact that the design takes my double futon rather than a conventional matress.

The whole bed is made from massive cherry planks. The grain is pretty rich and has that subtle striped grain, but isn't as intense as something like tiger maple.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DSCF0001.jpg

Hello Nantucket, Your apartment, looks to be a tranquil place. That rug I like a lot ,and with the color of the drapes, relaxation is in my mind.

tundrafour

Reaction score
Nantucket Red, I think I remember you mentioning, some time ago, an apartment in a yakuza-owned building; is this it? For some reason, I'd pictured something a bit different given the building's ownership (though, in retrospect, I don't really know why). It looks quite nice, particularly given the cramped floorplans of the typical Tokyo 1DK.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
I don't recall anything about a Yakuza-owned building. My building is certainly not Yakuza-owned.

When I was in school here, a bunch of students lived in a neighborhood full of Yakuza and day-laborers, and they talked about there being shootings every so often
uhoh.gif
, but I've never come within a country mile of Yakuza or their properties to the best of my knowledge.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't recall anything about a Yakuza-owned building. My building is certainly not Yakuza-owned.

When I was in school here, a bunch of students lived in a neighborhood full of Yakuza and day-laborers, and they talked about there being shootings every so often
uhoh.gif
, but I've never come within a country mile of Yakuza or their properties to the best of my knowledge.

Ah, but you know my friend, that The Sons of the Neon Chrysanthemum have their fingers in all pies... Hopefully not literally.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
Ah, but you know my friend, that The Sons of the Neon Chrysanthemum have their fingers in all pies.
Even the ones with joints missing?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Who knows which pies those joints are in now!

tundrafour

Reaction score
My mistake; I just did a search and it was 2000db whose apartment building is apparently owned by the mob. I don't know why I thought it was you! Nice place, anyhow.
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads