• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SEO in Online Fashion Business?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to open a fashion online store in my country. After reading some articles/blog posts about onine business, i find that SEO and PPC are ones of the most effective to attract customers and boost sales

Did anyone here in our forums do this? What's the result?

Can you give me your advices? Thanks you alot!

Reaction score
SEO is a very broad term and doesn't necessarily mean what people think it means. Many people just think of SEO as 'on site SEO', where the website's code and content is efficiently created to target specific keywords to perform well on Google and other search avenues. In truth, SEO encompasses a far greater aspect of the business, specially for a business that exclusively trades online. Your entire business development and marketing goals have to take SEO into account to perform better as your business visibility is online, not at a physical location. This includes 'off site' SEO work. PPC is one way to drive traffic to your business at a cost. I'd steer clear of PPC until you have some solid analytical data showing what keywords and demographics you want to be hitting and what your acquisition cost per customer is. The key to SEO is tracking EVERYTHING you do and analyzing all the data to see what is working and what you can improve. The other key is ensuring that your SEO performance is factored into every marketing and business development decision you make.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is so much to say about this. SEO is so slow that the preference is best measured in terms of 3 month increments. So much advice is given on SEO, and if you read a lot of it you will get a general sense of best practices, but it's not an exact science at all.

PPC will bring you short term success. That said, PPC is an exact science and if you want to compete you had better do some studying and really know your stuff. I work in marketing. If I get hired on a new company I always start PPC first and SEO somewhere down the line.

Want a plan to start?

Youtube tutorials at starting AdWords campaigns. Watch them and take notes. Read beginning AdWords guides. You will know exactly what you need to know to start advertising. Start out spending just a little money and keep on reading and learning. You will just get better and better. After you find that PPC is going well for you, start learning about SEO. It takes time and a lot of learning.

ligantiepo

Reaction score
The other key is ensuring that your SEO performance is factored into every marketing and business development decision you make.
29.gif

Last edited:

UpDigital

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm going to open a fashion online store in my country. After reading some articles/blog posts about onine business, i find that SEO and PPC are ones of the most effective to attract customers and boost sales

Did anyone here in our forums do this? What's the result?

Can you give me your advices? Thanks you alot!

Hey iLoveFashion88! I actually stumbled upon this post and thought I would provide you with some insight. I actually own a SEO company. I would be happy to put together a list of "buyer keywords" that you might find valuable for no charge at all. I can bounce some ideas with you and give you a hand. Thanks so much! Josh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads