• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Self Edge SF/NY/LA/PDX/MX - Japanese Denim & Leather, Top Notch Basics, Very Nice Jewelry + Eyewear, & More

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So unfair that I'm too thin for most of SE jeans..

Just glad I got my 3 sixteen natural Pima cotton as part of my collection of 11 pairs, even if they are too big, I still love them!:)

Just hope I live long enough to wear my way through my collection and have more new jeans....:)

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ebbet's Field for Self Edge Baseball Caps

You probably didn't see this coming, and neither did we. Somehow a set of caps showed up repping our four stores across a custom wool six-paneled leather strap backed cap. Each cap is color coded to that city's baseball (or in Portland's case, soccer) team. The caps are made in Seattle by Ebbet's Field and each one is only available at the Self Edge store which it represents, or you can cheat by buying them all online in our webshop.

We had made a batch of these two months ago but they sold out so quickly in the stores that we had to wait until another run was done to get them into our webstore. We think these are the best fitting baseball caps on the market, they're comfortable and the crown is just right.

Shop Ebbet's Caps Online

se-facebook-ad-1.jpg

SESF_02.jpg

SESF_03.jpg

SELA_02.jpg

SELA_03.jpg

SENY_02.jpg

SENY_04.jpg

SEPDX_02.jpg

SEPDX_03.jpg

Perception.

Reaction score

Ebbet's Field for Self Edge Baseball Caps

You probably didn't see this coming, and neither did we. Somehow a set of caps showed up repping our four stores across a custom wool six-paneled leather strap backed cap. Each cap is color coded to that city's baseball (or in Portland's case, soccer) team. The caps are made in Seattle by Ebbet's Field and each one is only available at the Self Edge store which it represents, or you can cheat by buying them all online in our webshop.

We had made a batch of these two months ago but they sold out so quickly in the stores that we had to wait until another run was done to get them into our webstore. We think these are the best fitting baseball caps on the market, they're comfortable and the crown is just right.

Do the respective stores still have some in stock? In particular SESF? I'd like to see them in person before I purchase it.

kubrick555

Reaction score

Yes, we just got a fresh run in this week.

Anyway at all I can save on shipping (beyond buying another free shipping item)? I want the SESF hat, but paying 25 shipping to Canada I can't justify.

Nice job guys, love the hats.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Anyway at all I can save on shipping (beyond buying another free shipping item)? I want the SESF hat, but paying 25 shipping to Canada I can't justify.

Nice job guys, love the hats.

Not really any other way, we're charging exactly what it costs for us to send that hat to you via USPS Priority Mail.
You can order a t-shirt that has free shipping including with it for free shipping on the hat. If you order two hats you only have to pay for shipping on one.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Imperial = SEXI23

With this new collaboration we've gotten together with Imperial, a brand we've been carrying since the day we opened, to create a slim tapered jean in a super low tension denim. This fabric has been made very slowly by a tiny mill run by only a few employees in Kojima (Okayama, Japan). The weaving speed of the loom was set to a very low speed; at this speed the loom was able to create approximately 23 yards of denim in a work day, enough for about a dozen jeans. This extremely slow speed yields a denim that is a bit abrasive at first and very breathable despite it's 16oz weight.
The indigo yarns were dipped ten times in a method which yields a deep indigo color on the warp threads yet the core has stayed bright white. This combined with the feel of the denim and the fit of the jean means that over time this will be a denim that yields a defined and high contrast fade with regular wear.

The SEXI23 jean has a medium rise and slim upper block that continues down to a slim tapered fit throughout the body of the jean. We wanted a jean that could be worn slim with a hefty denim that breathes for the warmer months.

The Imperial SEXI23 jean will go on sale at noon (local time) Saturday, June 7th at all four Self Edge stores. The jean will also go on sale in our online store at 9am (PST) the same day.

Check the product page for a full spec list on this jean, measurements, and high-res photographs.

Shop Imperial Online

SEXIM_01.jpg

SEXIM_02.jpg

SEXIM_03.jpg

SEXIM_04.jpg

SEXIM_05.jpg

SEXIM_06.jpg

SEXIM_07.jpg

SEXIM_08.jpg

SEXIM_09.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Selvage denim fabrics, raw selvedge denim fabrics, natural indigo dyed selvage denim fabrics, chemical indigo dyed selvage denim fabrics are available from Qingdao China. [email protected]

Please tell us more about this Chinese denim of yours.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
For those of you in Portland (Oregon) tonight, there is a Union Way block party with free beer and discounts at all the merchants.
At Self Edge we're offering 15% off everything from 4pm to 8pm tonight, in-store only.

bizzblar

Reaction score
Just wanted to shout out to the PDX guys. Checked out your store a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful. That ironwork you guys have for hangers/display is unreal. And you dudes are cool as fck.

That is all.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Just wanted to shout out to the PDX guys. Checked out your store a couple weeks ago and it was beautiful. That ironwork you guys have for hangers/display is unreal. And you dudes are cool as fck.

That is all.

Thank you! We've been using the same metal/wood worker for every store and he's gotten better and better over the past either years, it's been fun seeing what we can come up with with every new location.

New website looks good!!

Thanks! Glad you like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads