• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Seersucker Double Vented Suit

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been mulling over buying a seersucker suit for a couple of years and have finally decided I'd like to buy one. The only problem is most of the seersucker I see comes with single vented jackets. Nothing against these on other people but I just don't think single vents look good on me. Are there double vented seersucker makes that won't break the bank or will I have much better luck if I'm able to get over this hatred of single vents? I am sure I could get Joe Hemrajani to make me something if I was willing to spend more but I don't want to pay more than $400-$500 for something of this sort. Seersucker just seems somewhat disposable and it feels wrong to pay a significant sum for this. Maybe when I have 20 suits and every odd jacket I'd ever want but not right now.

If it helps, I'm around a 39-Short jacket size and 32 waist.

Thanks all,

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good luck with your search (consider this post a bump to get more views/advice!)

What I would say is that while I almost universally prefer double-vented jackets (up to & including for dinner jackets, despite many people's preference for unvented there), I would still not want double-vented seersucker. It just seems so very contrary to the essential nature of the beast.

But as I started off by saying, good luck with your search & I hope someone has some leads for you to chase, if you really want this variant.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Easiest way to find a double vented seersucker suit is to look at double-breasted options. Though I will caution that DB seersucker is pretty rare.

You are correct to not have something made up in cotton.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from Saks Fifth Avenue's own label two years and it has a double vent. The retail price was high, but I waited for a couple of markdowns. Maybe they'll be selling a similarly-styled seersucker suit this year? I think mine was made by Jack Victor (made in Canada).

Dewi

Reaction score

Easiest way to find a double vented seersucker suit is to look at double-breasted options. Though I will caution that DB seersucker is pretty rare.

You are correct to not have something made up in cotton.

I actually just acquired a double breasted, double vented seersucker jacket from our very own B&S. It's at the cleaners and then my alterations lady for some minor surgery.

OTM

Reaction score

Your profile gives you a 35" waist, and the trousers are 33" with 1" to let out - that really will be an altercation!

Well spotted!

It will be easier to just change my profile, don't you think?

stant62

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to mention a cheap MTM shop would be your best option if you wanted single breasted double vent but it looks like you found what you wanted already.

driftking

Reaction score
Haspel makes a double vent seersucker suit in light blue, dark blue and red stripes. I bought the dark blue at Nordstrom a few years ago. The cost was $295.00. I still have not worn it. And I don't know it I ever will. I'm in San Francisco and I've attended outdoor luncheons down the peninsula on hot days
and I usually wear slacks and a sport coat.
I really don't think it's for me. Tagged 38s pants are cuffed at about 30". Make an offer if you want it.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions and comments all. I think I'm definitely in a better place to continue my search and will be sure to report back once I've found something (or caved and bought the BB Fitzgerald single-vent option when it goes on sale for like $300).

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I may have found a solution here.

I went into Brooks Brothers today to try on some recently made MTM garments. I spoke with one of the sales associates who said that they could do a double vented seersucker in the Regent model via a custom order from their suiting essentials program. The Regent model fits me almost perfectly in a 40S off the rack, so I'm thinking this may end up being the way to go. Quoted price was $600 but I am told they'll discount this during their normal semi-annual sale, so I could end up with the seersucker suit I want for around $450. I'm in the June no purchase club and think I've probably spent a bit much on clothes, but this is definitely going to be on the list for next summer unless I find a better option.

My understanding is the Suiting Essentials line is inferior to the 1818 line, but I'm not sure how much I should care about certain construction details in what is a relatively cheap suit to knock around in during the summer. Quality is probably still better than Haspel and this one will have a better fit and more ideal styling choices.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I might try this out. Thanks.

I may have found a solution here.

I went into Brooks Brothers today to try on some recently made MTM garments. I spoke with one of the sales associates who said that they could do a double vented seersucker in the Regent model via a custom order from their suiting essentials program. The Regent model fits me almost perfectly in a 40S off the rack, so I'm thinking this may end up being the way to go. Quoted price was $600 but I am told they'll discount this during their normal semi-annual sale, so I could end up with the seersucker suit I want for around $450. I'm in the June no purchase club and think I've probably spent a bit much on clothes, but this is definitely going to be on the list for next summer unless I find a better option.

My understanding is the Suiting Essentials line is inferior to the 1818 line, but I'm not sure how much I should care about certain construction details in what is a relatively cheap suit to knock around in during the summer. Quality is probably still better than Haspel and this one will have a better fit and more ideal styling choices.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertd