• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Le Labo Cuir 28.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today, I'm wearing a sample of Masque Milano's Russian Tea. Expensive, but very satisfying. It starts off reminiscent of L'Artisan's Tea for Two (which I understand is slated for reissue), and after several twists and turns, ends up in the territory of Durbano's Black Tourmaline.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What do you think about this one?

It's a leather-based scent, but its sourness reminds me of Tom Ford Tobacco Oud. It's nice enough, but putting aside the cost, not versatile enough for me to buy/wear ahead of Patchouli 24 or Santal 33.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I am bringing a Bois des Iles flava to the scene today.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What do you think about this one?

It's a leather-based scent, but its sourness reminds me of Tom Ford Tobacco Oud. It's nice enough, but putting aside the cost, not versatile enough for me to buy/wear ahead of Patchouli 24 or Santal 33.

Yeah, to me it's just a doctored-up version of Chanel's Sycomore.

Today: Bruno Fazzolari Au Dela Narcisse des Montagnes - just got this bottle in the mail and sprayed it. It has that beautiful narcissus that you find in Vol de Nuit, so right now I'm loving it.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wore a heavy dose of Aramis the other day. I'm fond of the old fashioned masculines, but Aramis smells more dated to me than most, especially in the early stages. By the end of the day it was pretty great, but it's not my favorite in the genre.

On the other hand, I was spending a long day mostly alone yesterday so I indulged in a heavy dose of Kouros. I've come full circle on this one - I love it without reservation. I used to just smell the urine-soaked tile grout, now I just smell the incense. I'm also thinking that some of the heavier scents like this do really well in warm weather, contrary to popular belief. The heat helps move them more quickly through their development so you're not bathing in their hellacious top notes half the day.

Continuing the theme, today it's Azzaro PH.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This evening: got a bottle of vintage Chanel Coco parfum in the mail today and couldn't wait to get home, take off the seal, and put it on my left wrist. What beautiful, rich, potent stuff this is! With two swipes of the stopper of the bottle on my skin, it just radiates the smell of stonefruit compote served in a sandalwood bowl.

I have a question about the seal that is put around the bottle and cap interface on Chanel extrait bottles - is it goldbeater's skin? It is extremely thin and definitely seems organic. I've just seen it on Chanel bottles and not Guerlain bottles.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of rich, potent, old fashioned masculines, I'm wearing Chanel Antaeus (old stock). Lots of it.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yerbamate today.

A mate of mine who is a big collector held a garage sale today. He let me get in early; here is what I got from him:

Parfums de Nicolai - Cologne Sologne - 0.5 of 50ml
Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Racine - 100ml
Eau De Cartier - essence d’orange -100ml
Knize ten -50ml
L’artisan -fou d’absinthe - 100ml
Penhaligon’s london - juniper sling 95% 100ml
Rocabar - 95% of 100ml
Sartorial Penhaligan’s - 85% of 50ml
CB I hate perfume - 90% where we are there is no here
Creed - Tabarone=75ml no lid
Slumberhouse-zaha ltd edition 30ml
BLV Pour Homme
Penhaligans travel atomiser boxed
Set of Vintage Slumberhouse samples

I plurged, but there were quite a few here on my wish list and a few more I was keen to try after he described them.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today I am wearing Tobacco Vanille.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yerbamate today.

A mate of mine who is a big collector held a garage sale today. He let me get in early; here is what I got from him:

Parfums de Nicolai - Cologne Sologne - 0.5 of 50ml
Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier - Racine - 100ml
Eau De Cartier - essence d’orange -100ml
Knize ten -50ml
L’artisan -fou d’absinthe - 100ml
Penhaligon’s london - juniper sling 95% 100ml
Rocabar - 95% of 100ml
Sartorial Penhaligan’s - 85% of 50ml
CB I hate perfume - 90% where we are there is no here
Creed - Tabarone=75ml no lid
Slumberhouse-zaha ltd edition 30ml
BLV Pour Homme
Penhaligans travel atomiser boxed
Set of Vintage Slumberhouse samples

I plurged, but there were quite a few here on my wish list and a few more I was keen to try after he described them.

Sadly could not make it to the sale. If you ever wish to sell your Knize Ten, please contact me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads