• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

CodPiece

Reaction score

^Villoresi makes decent scents. Paolo Gigli, too, but more expensive. Not sure whether AbdesSalam Attar is originally Italian, but the distributor is. I only have the Vetiver of Villoresi which is nice. Carribean of Paolo Gigli which isn't my favorite but it's well crafted nonetheless. And Sharif of AbdesSalam which is sort of similar to Muscs Koublai Khan and definitely worth a try. I think I have a fragrance from another Italian parfumeur but I don't remember which.

Thanks B1os, I"ll keep my eye out for these!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey b1os, what's your impression of Santal Blush. I was captivated by it the very first time I smelled it. It's remained one of my favorites.
Also, I've got some Lyric Man on the way!

SOTD: L'Artisan Safran Troublant. Don't know what's going on, but I'm really, really liking this one today. I didn't dislike it before, but something is really clicking this time. I actually had the same experience with Tauer Une Rose Vermeille, which I wore yesterday.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey b1os, what's your impression of Santal Blush. I was captivated by it the very first time I smelled it. It's remained one of my favorites.
Also, I've got some Lyric Man on the way!

Oh, I love it. I sampled it once and decided to go for a full sample (!, lol). Didn't get to wear it a second time because of my samplemania (I guess you know that feeling). I didn't get the stinky (sweaty cumin and probably a little civet) notes -- especially in the beginning -- the first time though. They make it even more interesting.

I hope you enjoy Lyric Man! At least it's a solid rose scent.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SOTD: L'Artisan Safran Troublant. Don't know what's going on, but I'm really, really liking this one today. I didn't dislike it before, but something is really clicking this time. I actually had the same experience with Tauer Une Rose Vermeille, which I wore yesterday.

Just not a fan of Safran Troublant - it's too creamy/sweet. Definitely a gourmand to my nose, but I like saffron a lot in a more iodine/medicinal aspect.

Today: Tabac aftershave
Tonight: 34 Boulevard St. Germain

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^ Yeah, I definitely know what you mean with the sweetness and creaminess of Safran Troublant. I get that too.

Speaking of sweet, I'm wearing Datura Blanche today.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's one of my favorites!

I -think- I love it. I'm into day three of descent into Hermes Eau D'Hermes...

It's just really odd coming out of a shower all fresh and clean, and spraying on strong, wet sweaty saddle. Sort of seems to defeat the purpose.

An hour later, though, I'm really liking it.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today: Bois De Iles

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Histories de Parfums 1826

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Two days in a row of Keiko Mecheri for me: it's Attar de Roses today.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yesterday Voyage d'Hermes as SotM, SotD and SotN.

Today, SotD: AdP - Colonia Intensia. Decent, nice spice-y touch.
SotN: Guerlain - Héritage. Not bad for evening wear.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Virgin Island Water for a very summery day in the STL.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
L'Instant pour Homme. I like it but I think I prefer the EDP (extrème) version better -- will have to cross-wear them. Anyway, definitely worth the 25€ I paid for a nearly full bottle (thanks again, Lawman).

I just applied some Viktor & Rolf - Spicebomb for the evening.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads