• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chanel No. 22 for a long day on the road.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
L'Inc, have you tried Chanel No. 18 - I got a sample of it and it's a beautiful light rose and Iris perfume. I think that's one you'd really like.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did it - SOTD: Violet Blonde

Very very interesting. A flowery opening that goes into sweet powder very quickly - but sweet like fruit, so not sure. It smelled "buttery" like I'd imagine fine french pastry - not as sweet, but that texture. Still have drifts of it on me (5 hours later now) and very pleasant. Dries down to an earthy sort of deal - vetiver in there? It's not apparent at first spray, but I think I'm getting it now.

Will wear it again to church tomorrow. Thank you for the recommendation L'incandescent!

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think there's vetiver in there because L'Inc doesn't like vetiver at all. :happy: But yeah, VB is pretty good.

SotD: Grossmith - Phul Nana (at least I think so... weird names). Smells really good, too.
SotN: Guerlain - Shalimar vintage parfum. Good.

catlettsl

Reaction score
...so i was in nordstroms the other day. sales rep said that fragrancenet was a fraud. specifically they said that they open the bottle and dilute the cologne. so i hesitated on a bottle of creed. can anyone confirm or deny this rumor. has anyone bought creed from this vendor and whats your experience. thanks

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't think there's vetiver in there because L'Inc doesn't like vetiver at all. :happy: But yeah, VB is pretty good.
SotD: Grossmith - Phul Nana (at least I think so... weird names). Smells really good, too.

There's a bit of vetiver in VB, but it's really nicely blended. As long as the vetiver doesn't stick out too much, I'm okay with it.
I think Phul Nana is my second favorite from the Grossmith line. I like it too, but I don't wear it much at all.

@HORNS: You are going to bankrupt me! I haven't tried No. 18, but it looks like it's definitely worth a try.

And speaking of new things to spend money on, it looks like Dior has added another fragrance to the Collection Privee line. It's Oud Ispahan, and it's a rose/oud/amber accord.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ha!Ha!Ha!

I just bought online a 20 ml bottle of Montale Oud Cuir d'Arabie for $35.

I also saw a 6.8 oz bottle of Chanel Cuir de Russie EdT for $150 on Craigslist - the showed the bag, box, and bottle along with the ribbons and wrapping. They say it's a Mothers Day gift.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...so i was in nordstroms the other day. sales rep said that fragrancenet was a fraud. specifically they said that they open the bottle and dilute the cologne. so i hesitated on a bottle of creed. can anyone confirm or deny this rumor. has anyone bought creed from this vendor and whats your experience. thanks

Had a mixed experience getting my Creed scents from Fragrancenet. Sales reps across the world hate the site because you can get good juice for a fraction of the price. I ordered a Virgin Island Water and it showed up perfect, serial number in the glass rim, everything. I later ordered an Original Santal and got a middle eastern fake (insert in Arabic rather than the various European languages normally inside, hugely weak juice, etc). I called and emailed them for a return receipt and explanation, and they were more than accomadating in accepting the return, even paying for shipping back etc. They'll stand by their stance that they don't sell fakes. I risked it and ordered another one and it came through the same as my first VIW - perfect packaging, detailing, inserts, serial number, etc. I'd generally trust them, but know what you're doing and what to look for.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I did it - SOTD: Violet Blonde
Very very interesting. A flowery opening that goes into sweet powder very quickly - but sweet like fruit, so not sure. It smelled "buttery" like I'd imagine fine french pastry - not as sweet, but that texture. Still have drifts of it on me (5 hours later now) and very pleasant. Dries down to an earthy sort of deal - vetiver in there? It's not apparent at first spray, but I think I'm getting it now.
Will wear it again to church tomorrow. Thank you for the recommendation L'incandescent!

I'm glad you liked it! As I've mentioned before, I liked this the first time I tried it, but I didn't love it. But every time I wore it after that, I appreciated it more and more. Now it's one of my go-to scents.

MPG Secrete Datura for me today.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today it's Creed Millesime Imperial.

On me it has a golden glow of almost sweat with, if attention is paid, a fruity core. Perfect for playing in the sun.

It's a scent, in my mind, for the particular day, like today: 95 degrees, sunny, and nothing on the
agenda but play.

owin

Reaction score
I ve sourced and tried L'air du dessert marocain and i can clearly say it's not for me..
its like rootbeer ,

my friend told me i should have wear it more to like but What if I believe love at first sight:)

Im happy i didnt blind buy this was(was about to)

now lately Im in the mood for some rose

BUT (a big but)

I was hoping for a more manly version of rose (as much as possible)

maybe like a skin scent of 'rose'

like bvlgari pour home 's rose interpretation something not powdery

Tell me and i ll try it next time when i go mall

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today YSL Jazz

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SotD: Guerlain - Vetiver. I respect it but don't love it.
SotN: Bond No. 9 - New York Amber and Hermessence - Poivre Samarcande. The former is nice, the latter is very nice.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads