• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

if you were to give me $1,000 gift certificate to one niche perfumer (CdG, Le Labo, L'Artisane, Serge Lutens, Different Company, Frederic Malle, etc) I'd choose Commes de Garcons without hesitation.
\

If I had a 1000 bucks to give you, I would! :) totally agree, they're my favorite maker. I think it's mostly due to Mark Buxton actually. I think he's made all the scents I really like. He's created few other nice ones for different brands as well... e.g. the terrific Van Cleef and Arpels Cologne Noir.

Another Helmut Lang EdP today. Fresh, powdery and sweet.. in the best possible way.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aw, man, thanks! Now let's see you "walk the walk"!

Put on some L'Artisan Al Oudh last night, or as I call it: Wife Repellant.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:slayer: Gonna get me some Jasmine et Cigarrette.

I can't remember, have you tried that? I didn't like it a lot at first, but now I like it quite a bit.

Pre-shower: Midnight in Paris. The first time I smelled this I thought it was just wonderful. For some reason, though, I haven't enjoyed it as much since. I don't dislike it by any means, but I feel indifferent to it. Not sure why. I wore it as pre-shower to see if I can detect what I loved so much the first time.

SOTD: Diptyque Opone. I enjoy this one a lot. It's one of those rose/saffron accords that have become popular, but I find the saffron more pronounced in this one. It lends a kind of graininess or roughness to the scent that I like a lot.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today: Diptyque Tam Dao

Think I said this before, but I like that one. Finishing my decant of I Love NY for Him today.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NOPE! "With a name like that how could it be bad?" I think, but who knows.

The cigarette part of the name is a little bit misleading. It's more like pipe tobacco than the smell of a cigarette.

Still anxiously awaiting El Argentino's impressions of Violet Blonde!

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Eli Saab on themselves? My wife has a sample and it is extremely floral but I find it to be a beautiful scent.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Think I said this before, but I like that one. Finishing my decant of I Love NY for Him today.

Tam Dao along with Pour Monsieur will be my everlasting loves. I need to purchase a square bottle before they run out of them. I really do hate Diptyque's new bottles.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore L'Instant pH extrème yesterday. It was good. Sweet but not too sweet.

SotD: Parfums Nicolai - Eau d'Été. Mandarin, bergamot, lime. Interesting. Drydown gets a little apple/pear and it reminded me of Voyage d'Hermès.

SotN: Parfums Nicoli - New York. I like it.
Tom Ford - Violet Blonde. Like it a lot.
Tom Ford - Noir de Noir. Black tea, milk, honey in the opening, lots of rose throughout. Good.
Dior - Eau Sauvage. Classy, fresh.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Got a generous sample of Prada Infusion de Rose in my mailbox today. (Thanks so much, HORNS!!) In most aspects of my life, I am quite patient, but not with fragrances. So of course I tried it right away. Here are my first impressions.

1. I readily acknowledge that this may say more about me than about the juice itself, but I can't believe this is marketed as a feminine. It should at least be unisex.
2. I had been a little concerned about the Brazilian maté note, which I sometimes perceive as harsh. But it's really blended perfectly here.
3. There's quite a lot going on in this scent. At the top there's a surprisingly sweet, ripe citrus note that I did not expect at all. Shortly thereafter the herbal notes start to appear. The rose itself is a crisp, bright rose, and as the scent dries down it becomes sweeter and more powdery. I think HORNS described this somewhere as being like tea with a hint of rosewater (or something like that). I'm not a tea drinker, but I think I see what he's getting at.
4. It's a very light scent and sits close to the skin.
5. Finally, it might surprise few of you to learn that my favorite color is pink. (There's not even a close second.) The pink color of the juice is absolutely gorgeous; it's by far the best pink I've seen in a fragrance.

On the whole, definitely a thumbs up.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good! I hope you like it on your next wearing as well.

I sprayed on some Habit Rouge after I got home and am convinced that it should be considered a "gourmand" fragrance - it reminds me of a pastilla that I've made in the past with Moroccan spices, squab, and phyllo dough.

Green Lantern

Reaction score
I dumped 2.5 ml of Black Orchid into an empty 5 ml Vetiver sample bottle and wore it today...not bad!

tps16

Reaction score

Good! I hope you like it on your next wearing as well.
I sprayed on some Habit Rouge after I got home and am convinced that it should be considered a "gourmand" fragrance - it reminds me of a pastilla that I've made in the past with Moroccan spices, squab, and phyllo dough.

Interesting. Habit Rouge has always managed to remind me of sandalwood furniture in the heart notes. your pastilla sounds good!!
Today, Mitsouko edp

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads