• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
anyone adding insole's on their Wyatts? I just bought a pair knowing they are going to be about a size too big but couldn't pass them up. any recommendations?

therattler

Reaction score
I've got insoles in a pair of suede chelsea's that were a 42 like all my other boots, but fit about .5 big and it works.

3verlong

Reaction score
Might be a stupid question but has anyone experience buying a leather jacket that has a chest measurement that is a few cm shorter than your own measurement? Or does that not work at all?

ChrisN09

Reaction score
im gonna go ahead and say that the hawaii is fake without even bothering to look into the details of the shirt, since a size 39 is 15,5
not a 38

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Saint Laurent Label seems off to me too and the stitching does not look as precise as I'd expect but I'm far from an expert!

Dogs

Reaction score
Woah didn't know that, thanks! I pulled the trigger quickly on eBay :/ the seller garunteed it to be 100% authentic so I'm going to file a claim against him. Is there any other details you notice that I could add to the claim? The reason I questioned the authenticity is the fact there's no chest pocket, did they even make ss16 Hawaiians without a pocket? And the care tag looks a little off as the L & A in Laurent are connected for some reason. Is there any other details that seem off? Thanks :)

ChrisN09

Reaction score
in general i dont really like posting fit pics.

But figured why not for once.

Reallyyy been digging red stripe socks lately for some reason

with/without blazer

Last edited:

Dogs

Reaction score
that shirt is fake tags

What specifically reveals their fake?
You seem to be a regular poster in this thread so I assume you're quite knowledgeable about SLP, this shirt doesn't have a chest pocket, but the authentic one is supposed to have one right? They never made this Hawaiian without one? I believe the long sleeve is supposed to have 1 pocket, and the short sleeve is supposed to have 2. I want to make a detailed report for my claim against the seller. So far I have:

- The size says 38/15.5 which doesn't exist, YSL 39 is 15.5, 38 is 15
- There is no chest pocket
- L & A in "Laurent" on the care tag are joined together

Also, the side hem seems to look strange.

Thanks again guys :)

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
The stretch is typically quite minimal. Leather will only stretch in the most stressed areas, across the back of the shoulders, elbows etc. It'll stretch and conform to fit comfortably if you've got the right fit, but don't expect it to make a too-small jacket blow out to be a few sizes larger.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads