• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with Prudy on the AW 15 mid waist jeans (D10) - they're definitely one of the best fits they've ever done. Luckily I have two completely unused pairs still with tags attached banked away for future use. The raw D02s from AW 16 aren't bad either, both the black and the indigo, but especially the indigo, which is actually the same style code as the AW 13 D02s, and fit pretty similarly too, albeit slightly bigger (SS and AW 13 jeans fit pretty small relative to the same tag size from SS 14 onwards). 

Great blazer SirGrotius and fits perfectly. I have a Burberry Prorsum flecked wool one from AW 2012 but it doesn't fit nearly as nicely as the Saint Laurent 2 button cut. I'd definitely be open to picking up one of those myself if they're still around. It would be with a white Yves / Dylan collar shirt, raw black jeans and cropped jodhpurs for me though. 

On my recent orders, I sent the black suede Hedi 30s back as they left black dye all over my hands when handling them. Can't be dealing with that and didn't really like the black suede that much anyway. Also ordered the new cigar cropped jodhpurs - they looked close to the old beige colour that I liked from 13, but when I got them they were more like a milky coffee colour and not at all for me - I'll be sticking with smooth black calf again in future. Sizing was also way off; seems they've reverted back to the more pointy elongated SS 13 shape which is very nice, except they haven't fixed the heel slippage issue that makes them unwearable in my true size anyway.

Not sure what I'll pick up next. The roller buckle belt doesn't look bad as a daily basic, and the ultra-fine cashmere crew neck might be worth a try if I can live with the dreaded ID tag on it (if it's anything like the old extra fine merino jumpers in fit then I'd be quite happy too). I also quite like the look of this polo:

Good points Kieran, yes, that blazer really pops more with a white shirt and some darker denim, which is my go-to when going out.

I saw those new cigar cropped jodhpurs yesterday; they're awesome. I found the color very interesting, and wearable.

Ranger44

Reaction score

I noticed the top block—especially the waist—seems slightly looser on FW16 jeans, while the legs are slightly skinnier. Anyone else notice this?

Specifically, these:

Have. Waist is bigger than usual. The fit is good though

edwardh123

Reaction score
Just bought some black stretch D02's off Ssense went true to size (32). However, they're a little loose around the waist. Knowing that they're going to stretch some more, should I keep them or return them for a half size smaller? They fit decently, not super skinny.
The waist isn't going to stretch any more if it's loose...

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The waist will usually stretch a little from sitting down as it gets pulled forwards, even if it's already loose.

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
Waist will probably stretch like half a size. By the sounds of things, it may require a belt after. I'd say it's up to @soloism if they want to keep or return at this point.

youwhat

Reaction score
Never sure stuff like that requires an answer 'bought some jeans too big, should I get a smaller size?'

What's a half size smaller?

soloism

Reaction score
By half size I meant that, at least In the US, sizes commonly go from a size 30 to 32, 34, and so on. So a size 31, which is much more uncommon, would be the midway point between 30, 32. Just my personal way to look at it, accurate or not.

soloism

Reaction score
I ended up ordering a 31 and we'll see which one fits better. Only concern is one is made in Italy the other in Japan. Will the difference in origin of manufacture matter much?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IME, MIJ SLP jeans are a little tighter, have slightly bigger back pockets, and tend to have simple, but high-quality washes. The MII area a little looser, are more commonly the more pronounced washes or destroyed versions, and have smaller back pockets. I like them both.

soloism

Reaction score

IME, MIJ SLP jeans are a little tighter, have slightly bigger back pockets, and tend to have simple, but high-quality washes. The MII area a little looser, are more commonly the more pronounced washes or destroyed versions, and have smaller back pockets. I like them both.

Oh I see, thanks, though the jeans I ordered are the simple raw black stretch D02's so I'm hoping they'll be similar.

Ranger44

Reaction score

I agree.. that the back pockets due seem slightly smaller.

I personally like the MIJ over the MII. But D10 I found is only made in Italy. I've never come across MIJ for d10 in raw black stretch

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads