• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
True, these looked very nice too. However, after handling them in person I was less impressed. The toebox/tip is just a bit too pointed. The chelseas/other boots have a noticeable chisel-toe which is delicate but still somewhat angular, this one goes too far IMHO. Also, seeing photos of these after having been worn for a few months indicated that they crease really, really badly. Very deep creases. I've had the Hedi 30s for almost two years now and with regular shoe-tree use and 2x/week wear, they've not creased much at all. Quite shallow, mild creasing. I'm kind of impressed.

Edit: Also @kieran84 makes a good point. I now realize the shaft is a lot wider than the 60mm chelseas I got instead. That narrow shaft and tight fit up the ankle really helped me cope with the heel height and a looser shaft/looser fit would make things a lot worse. Also @kieran84 I don't know about you but I got used to the 60mm thoroughly after about 2-3 weeks' regular wear. If you are average height or taller it's really not that noticeable provided you're wearing skinny jeans/slim-fit trousers or whatever. That's why I still think 60mm is the SLP sweet spot. Higher than ordinary 1, 1.5 inch heels, but not so high as to attract undue attention.

These boots look amazing with D10s. IMO you have to bite the bullet and get the 60-85cm versions in most iterations, however. Otherwise, they don't really do what they are intended to do, proportionally speaking. The exception is the 45cm snap-boot version, which is overall a bit less sleek stylistically and therefore works w/ the lower angle of the 45cm heel, I think.

The 85s look surprisingly 'normal' if you wear them with the right pieces and proportions, regardless of how they make you feel (and, indeed, they do take a bit of getting used to). One of my favorite SLP boots hands down, especially with either a long blazer or, conversely, a nice, cropped leather jacket or blazer/cardigan/jumper.

Last edited:

clskier

Reaction score
D10's are the same skinny fit as D02, but they're mid waisted while D02s are low-waisted. Very similar fits.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Do the MIJs (100% cotton imguessing?) Normally wear smaller than those made in Italy? On another note, those fit well I'd keep em. They'll stretch out eventually anyway.

I compared them to my other D02s (with stretch) and the are similar in size. Never owned a 100% cotton pair, I think it's the lack of stretch that is making the top block so uncomfortable

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do people actually like the punk denim? I think they are horrendous. I see so many pics on IG with people talking about how much they love them, I don't get it

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
100000% agree with @Prudy . D10+ French 85s is one of my favorite combos. I don't daily my French 85's but I wear them every chance I get. I've been thinking about the Wyatt 60 Harness to wear daily as the toe on the Wyatt is a bit more wearable with more casual wear in my eyes. Anyone have the Wyatt 60 Harness care to share their opinion?

Not the best "fit" shot, but here is a pic of the FW16 D10 and French 85's

Prudy

Reaction score
Love to see a fit pic with the 80s when you can...

Also what's D10? They rebranded the D02s?

Sure, will try to get some this weekend.

The D10 is mid-waisted (sold in FW15 and SS16) and the FW15 version is probably my favorite version of SLP denim.

Ranger44

Reaction score

Sure, will try to get some this weekend.

The D10 is mid-waisted (sold in FW15 and SS16) and the FW15 version is probably my favorite version of SLP denim.

No they do have some fw16 black chain... (non raw hem) it was only sold in Europe though. But yes they were also sold those seasons. The d10 I saw with black chain in US were raw hem. But euro has regular, non cut hem.

AW15 was the best fitting so far, it's MII, not Japan though. .

Also luisaviaroma has some MidWaist for sale from SS17

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads