• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
Whoa, wait. Did you get some black suede chelseas from neiman for $320 all in? Please answer in no less than 8 posts mentioning that you got them for that price or I won't believe you or think you got a good deal.

Lot of pricks in here. Guess the internet makes everyone a comedian and salty little *****...

Angel of Death

Reaction score
you just like stroking ur ego since u bought them that cheap and it gets annoying. u yap too much about it, thats a fact. so i can see why this guy was ticked off.

onlyslp

Reaction score
I mean you spent 40% of the words talking about the wear on the sole. And then another 40% justifying how it's alright and it's reasonable to have wears on the sole even though you were bothered by it. But it's okay man you got a good deal it's only $320

Randeep

Reaction score
I mean you spent 40% of the words talking about the wear on the sole. And then another 40% justifying how it's alright and it's reasonable to have wears on the sole even though you were bothered by it. But it's okay man you got a good deal it's only $320
That's the only part which I found funny but being a bit funny I can see why explaining his dilemma and then subduing it with his own explanation out aloud might have helped him :)

Other than that, yeah he's posted a lot about the deal but not enough to irritate me into telling him to stfu lolz, it generated some good discussion wrt what choices to make between black and tan suede when thinking about casual/smart outfits. the rest is just enthusiasm from someone who is stoked about getting boots for, what was it, $320?
biggrin.gif

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
It shouldn't matter to any of you what I post. Scroll past it if it bothers you. Just the same way I don't care if you're hating and talking crap. I can say my two cents back if a dude has to be negative for no reason and come at someone for stupid **** like that. I've made less than 4-5 posts entirely talking about the boots I got and was only referencing two other people who posted about buying the same boots and asked if they got them from that sale as well. A bunch of you in here are truly assholes...

You seriously need to re evaluate your life if someone mentioning something a few times bothers you...

Last edited:

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
you just like stroking ur ego since u bought them that cheap and it gets annoying. u yap too much about it, thats a fact. so i can see why this guy was ticked off.

If I could annoy you once in your day because of something so minuscule....it's a good day for me and a bad one for you.

It's legit a matter of time in these forums before people like all of you surface. The majority are nice helpful people who just offer advice, and the minority are emotional haters who feel their opinion is fact.

Last edited:

jtj48

Reaction score

It shouldn't matter to any of you what I post. Scroll past it if it bothers you. Just the same way I don't care if you're hating and talking crap. I can say my two cents back if a dude has to be negative for no reason and come at someone for stupid **** like that. I've made less than 4-5 posts entirely talking about the boots I got and was only referencing two other people who posted about buying the same boots and asked if they got them from that sale as well. A bunch of you in here are truly assholes...

You seriously need to re evaluate your life if someone mentioning something a few times bothers you...

To clarify, I wasn't annoyed with you. I was laughing at you.

Isolar

Reaction score
Some of the teddys were 100% virgin wool, like the studded wool-twill version. Mine was definitely older stock, as the price hadn't been adjusted when I bought it. Being a bit of an originalist, or whatever you want to call it, I'd probably stick with the Hedi-approved version (as ridiculous as I know that sounds).

MA-ysl

Reaction score
I've seen a few posts about 'Buy now or regret later' in regards to shoes. Just a quick note, Vaccarello hasn't had any influence in the shoes this season. I'm under the impression he will only add additional styles. The only shoe that will be getting the axe is the wyatts with 60mm heel. But that's due to poor sales, not Vaccarello.

The black teddy is permanent collection, the light blue, green and pink are not, I've been getting these jackets for my clients from around Europe as they deplete in sizes.

edwardh123

Reaction score
I had a 100% virgin wool teddy and got rid of it for one of the thick ones. It just felt flimsy, unsubstantial and - I hate to say this - but cheap. Didn't see the point in owning a thin and flimsy varsity jacket, much happier with the thick polymide mix one which has none of these issues and feels like a proper jacket. Maybe if you live somewhere hot all the time you would do better with the virgin wool one, but I couldn't really find the time to wear a thin varsity jacket. It also seemed to wear way worse due to the nature of the material, just made no sense to me as a material for a this type of jacket

Randeep

Reaction score
I had a 100% virgin wool teddy and got rid of it for one of the thick ones. It just felt flimsy, unsubstantial and - I hate to say this - but cheap. Didn't see the point in owning a thin and flimsy varsity jacket, much happier with the thick polymide mix one which has none of these issues and feels like a proper jacket. Maybe if you live somewhere hot all the time you would do better with the virgin wool one, but I couldn't really find the time to wear a thin varsity jacket. It also seemed to wear way worse due to the nature of the material, just made no sense to me as a material for a this type of jacket

Nice, yeah I am not entertaining the 100% virgin wool aka the "wool gabardine" one, which for example is illustrated here:

http://www.ysl.com/item/index?cod10=34678548SN&siteCode=SAINTLAURENT_GB

i agree with you that this one felt very flimsy and cheap.

It's about the 93% virgin wool/poly mix ("permanent collection") vs the 88% wool/10% poly/2% mix.

Actually, on this page here you can see where I tried the sz48 a couple of years back and that would have been the 93% one - can clearly see the sleeves are longer/roomier:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/317702/saint-laurent-paris-official-thread/1500

Vs the newer one I posted a few pages back, which based on my experience and what others have said is cut closer and with less length in the sleeves.

Last edited:

mikkodd

Reaction score
With all this talk on cheap boots any way to obtain some Wyatt 40 harness Nut suede's for below retail ? lol bought 2 pair of boots recently so pockets hurting :(

echau

Reaction score

Nice, yeah I am not entertaining the 100% virgin wool aka the "wool gabardine" one, which for example is illustrated here:

http://www.ysl.com/item/index?cod10=34678548SN&siteCode=SAINTLAURENT_GB

i agree with you that this one felt very flimsy and cheap.

It's about the 93% virgin wool/poly mix ("permanent collection") vs the 88% wool/10% poly/2% mix.

Actually, on this page here you can see where I tried the sz48 a couple of years back and that would have been the 93% one - can clearly see the sleeves are longer/roomier:

http://www.styleforum.net/t/317702/saint-laurent-paris-official-thread/1500

Vs the newer one I posted a few pages back, which based on my experience and what others have said is cut closer and with less length in the sleeves.

I actually like the fit and drape of the gabardine Teddy, but since it's the same price as the wool one, I went with the 93% wool because it just feels more substantial. I think the older version looks good on you. The wider cuts of leather work well with your shoulders.

With all this talk on cheap boots any way to obtain some Wyatt 40 harness Nut suede's for below retail ? lol bought 2 pair of boots recently so pockets hurting :( 

If you're in the US, buy them in the EU and save yourself some money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads