• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To Hedi's credit, at least the model chosen has light brown hair so not everything is black. The hair serves to be the top of the look and shoes are the bottom of the look. Imagine a dark brown hair/black hair model with same outfit.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's like a dressy casual outfit I don't see what's wrong with the brown boots. If it's like a formal event then I can see why going with black works better.

onlyslp

Reaction score
when it comes to a formal event I'm noy sure if one should be wearing suede.....leather all the way for formal.
that is also why I passed on most black suede shoes...because when its casual a pair of tan shoe would go with most colors and casual outfit while a pair of black leather shoes can go with casual or formal and also can be paired with most colors

piblondin

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of the black leather cropped jodhpurs and have a couple quick questions:

1) What size should I get if I wear US 10 in Nike? 43? I realize that sizing is different for everyone, but would 43 be most likely for me?

2) How's the comfort on these? I walk 5-10 miles on an average day in the city. Can I wear these all day without discomfort? Or should I limit them to less active days?

stoptryinghard

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a pair of the black leather cropped jodhpurs and have a couple quick questions:

2) How's the comfort on these? I walk 5-10 miles on an average day in the city. Can I wear these all day without discomfort? Or should I limit them to less active days?

If I was walking 10 miles every day, the last thing I'd want to wear is a pair of high heeled boots. I know the cropped jods 'only' have a 2cm heel but even that seems like a highly uncomfortable scenario to me.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the the suede brown/tan Wyatts with all black when I see the outfit in person. I feel like the photo posted from the runway makes it look much more harsh than it can be.

scanner

Reaction score
You know, personally I like all of the boots and would wear them formal, casual, whatever, but I was never educated in the gentleman arts, and feel like these days, no one really cares unless you're going to a funeral.

But don't tell me Pinault, one of the wealthiest guys in the world, attending his own formal fashion event doesn't look cringe as **** wearing Wyatt's and a full SLP 'dressy' look.

Last edited:

stoptryinghard

Reaction score

You know, personally I like all of the boots and would wear them formal, casual, whatever, but I was never educated in the gentleman arts, and feel like these days, no one really cares unless you're going to a funeral. 

But don't tell me Pinault, one of the wealthiest guys in the world, attending his own formal fashion event doesn't look cringe as **** wearing Wyatt's and a full SLP 'dressy' look. 

ROFL, also he could have at least gotten his jacket tailored. His sleeves are way too long.

All the money in the world isn't going to help you if you don't know how to properly drape your body.

Last edited:

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Nah. I stand by the fact that they can be dressed up.

Exhibit A:

And those are harness Wyatts, which are even harder to dress up.
While I think they do look good here, I think it would look better with black boots- at least formality wise. I do love all black+ my lizards though, although it's pretty casual

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
that would look fine too depends on your mood of the day, but I just feel that sometimes adding an item that clashes with the whole outfit creates a more effortless and casual feel than if you try to put on all items with the same color

I didn't say the clashing of the boots with that specific outfit doesn't casualize it. That's the entire point which was being made the entire time. I think some haven't read the initial post because a couple of you have been stating the exact case @Death24xASecond was making. That outfit still doesn't prove that the cigar/tan color boots are "versatile" to be dressed up (we weren't talking about dress casual. We were talking about being dressed up formally or with trousers/slacks). The point was never to "make an outfit more effortless and casual". It was being asked if the tan boots are "as versatile as black suede" to be either dressed up or dressed down.

Also, I didn't say that the cigar tan can't be dressed up at all, but rather than it's obvious that black suede is more versatile in terms of dressing them up or completely down casually.

Last edited:

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
In what seasons did the jodhpurs come with a 40mm heel? Seems near impossible to find on the 2nd hand market...

echau

Reaction score

1) What size should I get if I wear US 10 in Nike? 43? I realize that sizing is different for everyone, but would 43 be most likely for me?

Everyone's feet are different, but here's my experience:

Your Nike size is not your true size. I wear 10, 10.5, and 11 in Nike depending on the model.
I wear 42, 42.5, and 43 in SLP, depending on the model and season.
Best to try them on in person, or order a few sizes from a site that accepts returns.

volchok

Reaction score

You know, personally I like all of the boots and would wear them formal, casual, whatever, but I was never educated in the gentleman arts, and feel like these days, no one really cares unless you're going to a funeral. But don't tell me Pinault, one of the wealthiest guys in the world, attending his own formal fashion event doesn't look cringe as **** wearing Wyatt's and a full SLP 'dressy' look.
Doesn't look cringey at all.

mayastig

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Nut Suede Wyatts over the Cigars. I like the lighter shade of Cigar but it seems to be sold out everywhere online, at least in my size. Someone convince me to just pull the trigger on the Nut suedes.

Get them. The nut suede colorway and finish is very unique and most people will have the cigars anyways. Its also a nice boot to add to your collection. When all else fails, just sell them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads