• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know if fw16 d02 fit is different from the ss17 d02?

Thanks.

Spring 17 is essentially the same as f/w, summer has some changes aesthetically. The summer collection has different front pockets with the rivet moving medially, making the opening for the front pockets slightly smaller. The yoke in the back has also changed, the summer 17 have a more traditional yoke. Can't comment on the fit because I think they're horrible and wouldn't purchase them. If I were you I'd stick with spring 17 and earlier.

piblondin

Reaction score

Everyone's feet are different, but here's my experience:

Your Nike size is not your true size. I wear 10, 10.5, and 11 in Nike depending on the model.
I wear 42, 42.5, and 43 in SLP, depending on the model and season.
Best to try them on in person, or order a few sizes from a site that accepts returns.

Thanks! Do you happen to have any FW16 or SS17 SLP boots? If so, which ones/sizes?

echau

Reaction score

Thanks! Do you happen to have any FW16 or SS17 SLP boots? If so, which ones/sizes?

I have the FW16 black suede chained harness boots in 42.5. I'm a true 10 (43) on the Brannock scale, if that helps any.

Can I post these here? They're Hedi.

Ranger44

Reaction score

Spring 17 is essentially the same as f/w, summer has some changes aesthetically. The summer collection has different front pockets with the rivet moving medially, making the opening for the front pockets slightly smaller. The yoke in the back has also changed, the summer 17 have a more traditional yoke. Can't comment on the fit because I think they're horrible and wouldn't purchase them. If I were you I'd stick with spring 17 and earlier.

Thanks!

I've noticed MIJ also is bit tighter fit in the seat, slightly more ruff raw.

How is SS17 d02 compared to previous seasons?
I know fw13 was of course more slim

What about comparing the rest?

Would really appreciate if someone could help me out in comparison. I had previous seasons before since 14. But lost some weight and now am a smaller size. So I'm trying to see if I can hunt down earlier seasons or just stick to what's Available online

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pinault looks pretty good to me for an older gentleman, other than the sleeves being too long. I especially like the 17 cm trousers - I need to get a pair of them - the heavy fabric falls really nicely. I saw a staff member in Harrods wearing some recently and made a mental note to get some at some stage.

Isolar

Reaction score
I find the 17 cm trousers to be unwearable without substantial hemming and tapering, so I just stick to D02s. But with the work, I think they can look good.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm between 44 and 46 in them, but the tailor tells me it's a simple job to bring them down half a size. Hemming is required as standard for those too.

Isolar

Reaction score
I should specify, I meant jeans in particular. I have the pleated trousers from AW14, which have somewhere around a 17 cm leg opening, and they look great after hemming. I had to size up in them though, as they were seriously slim in my normal size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads