• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score
So, after all the talk of sunglasses on here recently, I felt like adding a pair to my go-to choice, the Tom Ford Campbell. On a whim, I checked out the selection at my optometrist while picking up lenses, and after trying on a few pairs, I fell for the SL51 Slim in black. They are exactly what I was looking for, a classic all-around pair that at the same time, aren't too plain. After studying them at home, I love them even more. The proportions are perfect, to my eyes. Plus I saved 10% as a contact lens customer.

The other pair I initially considered were the Devon model, and while I liked them, they sat way too high on my face and were generally a bit too large for me.

Here's some pics. Apologies in advance for looking a bit disheveled, I've had a long day. Enjoy:

@ohyehhh Wasn't the strap "fixed" for FW16? Not sure it really qualifies as a problem, so to speak, but I agree, it looks better with the tighter strap. I got the SS16 pair in tobacco, and while it doesn't bother me THAT much, I wouldn't mind having the straps a bit tighter and higher. It doesn't bother me enough to sell them though, and I'm usually a stickler for details like that.

@Death24xASecond Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but didn't Kanye wear tan Wyatts to the Met ball a few years back? That's about as dressy an occasion as exists.

Last edited:

soloism

Reaction score
I'm thinking of picking up a pair of Nut Suede Wyatts over the Cigars. I like the lighter shade of Cigar but it seems to be sold out everywhere online, at least in my size. Someone convince me to just pull the trigger on the Nut suedes.

scanner

Reaction score
Not necessarily disagreeing with you, but didn't Kanye wear tan Wyatts to the Met ball a few years back? That's about as dressy an occasion as exists.

Nothing about this look is dressy. Unless you're getting dressed up for a Silencio Night Club pop up in Marfa Texas

Isolar

Reaction score

Nothing about this look is dressy. Unless you're getting dressed up for a Silencio Night Club pop up in Marfa Texas 

****, why do I remember him wearing them with a tuxedo jacket. I must be thinking of someone else. Mea culpa.

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
****, why do I remember him wearing them with a tuxedo jacket. I must be thinking of someone else. Mea culpa.

@Isolar because you just proved @Death24xASecond point to be exactly right lmfao. He did wear SLP Hedi 30 Chelseas with a tuxedo but the BLACK suede version...

Isolar

Reaction score

@Isolar
because you just proved @Death24xASecond
point to be exactly right lmfao. He did wear SLP Hedi 30 Chelseas with a tuxedo but the BLACK suede version...

Nah. I stand by the fact that they can be dressed up.

Exhibit A:

And those are harness Wyatts, which are even harder to dress up.

Last edited:

Death24xASecond

Reaction score
I'm in the museum/academe world so: the Met gala for celebrities is no holds barred. You can wear whatever you like, as outrageous as you like. Most people prefer to keep it classy but there's no real dress code (except for the plebs lol). And yeah the pic above this post is cool, but the brown *really* stands out and (again, IMHO) not in a good way. Still, I recognize SLP is kind of street-casual-formal so it works on the SLP runway.

BlackChiney8

Reaction score
Nah. I stand by the fact that they can be dressed up.

Exhibit A:

And those are harness Wyatts, which are even harder to dress up.

That doesn't look good at all lol. The boots clash pretty badly against the rest of the outfit.

Last edited:

onlyslp

Reaction score
that would look fine too depends on your mood of the day, but I just feel that sometimes adding an item that clashes with the whole outfit creates a more effortless and casual feel than if you try to put on all items with the same color

Last edited:

Exalt

Reaction score
If anyone has any of the tunics from 2015 or the embroidered blazers from 2013 to sell, please PM me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics