• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rilea

Reaction score
@slann01 That jacket is absolutely beautiful, and it works so well with the rich crimson shirt. The bottom half is a classic, yet flawlessly executed.

Phenomenal fit.

cptspaulding666

Reaction score
So I have fit issues. My thighs and caves are too big for d02 cut. d01 cut is too wide at the caves and leg opening is too big for my liking. Should I size up in the d02's and wear with a belt or taper the d01's?
Coming from a guy that weight trains this is my take on the subject. If I bought pants according to my actual waist size I'd have problems with tightness in the legs too. I personally get pants with enough room to fit both my hands in the waist no problem, regardless if they're SLP, skinny, etc. (raw denim is a different story) and I'm good. That's means I'm always looking for a pair that's 18" because that's what I find most comfortable regardless if it's composed of stretch material or not, even though I really have a 16.5" waist. Everyone's idea of how your pants should fit in the waist is a subjective thing because it's all preference maybe you're taking your waist size too literally. What may be tight to you may be average fitting to another person's preference.

Last edited:

mwn11

Reaction score
Great fits guys!

I hate to bring down the conversation but has anyone every run into bad tailoring from a boutique? I purchased the elbow-patch grey wool jacket in the Chicago store and had it tailored there. I was very emphatic with the tailor and SA to take the sleeves up from the shoulder so the patches wouldn't be misaligned.

Of course they sent it to me taken from the sleeve up so it looks awkward and strange to me. I took a picture relative to my black corduroy elbow patch jacket which was done correctly. Notice the distance between buttons and elbow patch.

My SA said he's checking with his manager to see if he can do anything but I'm nonplused since this is a very expensive jacket and it looks weird now.

Any recs for next steps?

Thats a **** one :( get what you mean about it looking strange. Surely you have the right to refuse it as it not what you asked for and the tailor would have to eat the costs?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: on a positive note they're taking care of it.

Great stuff from Jacob and Slann above.

Last edited:

mwn11

Reaction score
I know in the UK we have the consumer rights act which can be used to refuse products. Regardless if its complimentary for you or not (I'm sure SL pay the tailor) you have asked for a service/product and not been given what you requested.

Would be similar to getting your car serviced and it coming back faulty/damaged.

justtagetby

Reaction score
The waist button on my FW13 crash jeans popped off today. It was my first time wearing these since I started working out again so they were pretty tight when I put them on. Is there any way to get this repaired while keeping the original button? I know these denim tack buttons are very difficult to remove once they've been used...

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
The waist button on my FW13 crash jeans popped off today. It was my first time wearing these since I started working out again so they were pretty tight when I put them on. Is there any way to get this repaired while keeping the original button? I know these denim tack buttons are very difficult to remove once they've been used...

just throw some superglue on it and sell it on grailed.

scanner

Reaction score

Went with this today. I think the blood red flannel goes well with the biker but it needs some more popping layer under. Any recommends? My idea was to grab some eye popping vintage western shirts off of ebay

the wool oversized shirt and the jacket are great on their own, but together it doesn't work. Believe me, i've tried with that plaid wool shirt, but it's thick enough to be an outerwear / jacket piece on its own. IMO SL Leathers rarely look good with button ups unless they are tucked in or near the hip.

Last edited:

dddibakar

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a slight chance that a camo military jacket will be released ss17???? I hope that there is. I regret not buying one earlier. If anyone wants to sell let me know. Size 44.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Boots/jeans

BestThreshNA

Reaction score
@dddibakar Those leaked pics from a while back had a camo jacket but it had that giant embroidered shark crap on the back. It's already in stores for women. Idk if a men's version is coming soon or not. Staff said the buy book for the upcoming stuff had the shark plastered on a lot of items :brick:

As for the shirt tucking, on the runway we saw Hedi style the leather jackets and Blazers with both tucked and untucked shirts. Tbh I thought both ways looked great depending on the vibe you were going for with the outfit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics