• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

prophetx2

Reaction score
Anyone have info on sizing for the Jodhpurs? I'm 42 in MMM/CP and 9.5D brannock. Not sure if I should get a 42 or a 41.5 per the comments here.

Last edited:

joachim92

Reaction score
finally, you'll hate me for saying it, sorry, but if you're a student and you're blowing a grand on biker boots you can't even beat up, you've missed the entire point of what slimane's trying to do, and make you feel. and so you'll never really feel good about them. go buy a pair of vintage boots, some books and a guitar instead.

Sorry but don't understand what you mean here. I also don't know what Slimane is trying to do, but if you have interesting articles with background info on his ideas, feel free to share them and I will be happy to read them out of interest.
But I'm also off the opinion that I don't need to know what a designer tries to do or make me feel in order to feel good about what I wear. If I like how something I wear looks like I will feel good about it, simple as that.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing sounds weird 42 mmm that fits true but also 42 on CP that normally size down one. Go size 42 for the boots id say. They fit kinda large for me a size large.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I tried that, but after a 15 minute walk to the shops I was already sweating like I ran a marathon and the people look at me like im crazy wearing a leather jacket in heat

lol I didn't mean the jacket! Jeans are fine in the summer time. Me personally, I hate shorts. You can't look as good in shorts as you do in jeans so I don't wear them minus in the gym and the beach.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah i hate shorts, i always wear skin tight black jeans no matter how hot is its the best

sometimes heat absorption makes my calves and thighs quite warm though

g33m

Reaction score
Anyone have this or know if there was 100% cotton version?

The few places I could find it list the composition as 55% cotton 45% lyocell, but I just got one that seems perfect in every way (quality and authenticity wise), except the tag reads 100% cotton and the reference number is different than what farfetch lists for the style. It's instead the same as this shirt...

Here's the tag on mine.

Last edited:

Shifu03

Reaction score
hey keiran, i think i remember hearing that the jodhpurs will be re-released in the lighter color later this season. i could be wrong though!

there are some kind of production issues with the santiags which keep delaying most of them.

if you're ordering the new check shirts online (with the gold thread), be aware that they're the new "skinny fit". which is suuuuper skinny. i had to size up two, and even then it was small. my (size zero) gf could fit into the 39 and it didn't look huge on her. i'd be surprised if anyone can take their normal size. but maybe i just got super fat this winter
smile.gif

Hello,

Just wondering where you heard this from? I've been trying to track down the beige in a US 7 but after several hours--no luck, haha.

I emailed YSL about the possibility of them rereleasing the beige colour, so I'm waiting for their response on that, too.

prophetx2

Reaction score

Sizing sounds weird 42 mmm that fits true but also 42 on CP that normally size down one. Go size 42 for the boots id say. They fit kinda large for me a size large.

Yeah not sure. MMM side zips definitely I'm a 42 and CP sneakers I'm a 42 as well. According to most sites a 9.5 should be a 42.5. I'll see if I can trek to the SLP location but the euro exchange rate is the way to go for us here.

Spaceman333

Reaction score
Anyone have this or know if there was 100% cotton version?

The few places I could find it list the composition as 55% cotton 45% lyocell, but I just got one that seems perfect in every way (quality and authenticity wise), except the tag reads 100% cotton and the reference number is different than what farfetch lists for the style. It's instead the same as this shirt...

Here's the tag on mine.

Sorry dude, that's a fake. Tag is off and they never came in 100% cotton.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are pretty skinny - you'd have no chance of fitting a 28.

Last edited:

newera90

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to ask I wear a 30 in the 14aw black denim, has a little room probs could've sized down. Do you think I'd be able to fit into a pair of 28 from 13 aw. Here the trousers I'm interested in http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m136220963. Thanks
I would say no, i wear 27 for the 14 black destroyed denim and tried exactly the one you want to buy in size 26. It is super skinny like skin tight and could not button up at the waist

newera90

Reaction score

slann01

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the SS14 pointy toe double buckle boots fit? Are they like Jodhpurs? Thanks in advance.

ohmydontcry

Reaction score
Any way to legit check these with the pictures provided? http://www.g railed.com/listings/79862-saint-laurent-slp-fw13-crash-denim

I'm interested... but something seems off.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads