• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

neonrider

Reaction score
lolol need help your posts are the best.

as for wyatts, if you're a student, don't spend a grand on shoes. that's marsupialed. especially for a pair of boots that you can't even beat the hell out of properly, like wyatt boots. i'd just wait for them to go on sale or find a used pair.

ochre and nut are very different colors and textures, look back earlier in the thread.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you're a student and you have a grand just to spend for fun, then yes buy the shoes, or sell a couple shoes to buy them

Prudy

Reaction score
Since it has been mentioned here before that Wyatts are great but are more of a 'fashion boot' aka less durable, maybe an alternative like the santiag in suede would be an option? Those are good year construction and feel very solid.

How do you plan to wear them? If you are talking once/twice a month when going out you'd be OK but you might not be happy if you're looking for a day to day boot.

joachim92

Reaction score
Not a fan of the design of the santiag. And I was planning to wear them a lot. Only have 1 pair of shoes that I wear at the moment and wanted to get wyatt's to mix it up and also some low tops for when temperatures get a bit better.

Is it possible to find these on sale? I haven't looked at SLP in sales but for most brands the items on sale are the weirder (not classic) items or in really big/small sizes. On that note, anyone know what size I would need? I have EU42 in MMM side zips.

Last edited:

Prudy

Reaction score
Ok, yep - I would have to just agree again w/ Neon that the Wyatts are not the every day boot, they are more the wear inside (mostly), once a week or so type. If you get them just be sure to go soon afterwards to get vibram or similar and they will hold up/last longer for you.

As for sales, it is tough to find them on sale in the popular models. Most of the SLP sale shoes I see are the seasonal offerings in odd sizes or styles that aren't as popular. But the usual suspects would apply for finding them: ssense, LVR, matchesfashion, barneys, etc.

Too bad you don't like the santiag - they are cheaper and better IMO :)

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when i first saw the Santiags on LVA i thought that i didn't like the slanted heel but when i saw them irl they looked alright and especially when someone posted them here the other time

i always get topy straight away for my jodhpur and heel taps as well which helps to minimize wear down although it still wears a bit the edges, i wear them once a week.

shoe trees really help for the blaack leather one to reduce the creasing i just got $20 one from ebay

as for sale just kop em full price man, i wanted the suede one for the whole of 2014 when i saw them at the end of 2013 on the slp site, couldn't find them but they restocked january this year and i immediately went ahead and got them full price

Prudy

Reaction score
Is anyone else loving/wearing the SS 15.5cm low rise denim? I bought a few pair that are 99% cotton 1% elastaine and I'm really liking the fit and color. They are sort of washed/slightly worn and soft but a bit stiffer than the styles w/ 98% cotton.

I noticed they are also slightly shorter in length - I'm 6' even and they just slightly stack for a nice clean look. Anyway...liking these a lot, especially with the santiags. I'm thinking about maybe taking them (or one pair) to a tailor to do a raw hem like the skinny blk versions from SS15.

Last edited:

scanner

Reaction score
I just had to return my pair of Suede Santiags from Mr Porter unfortunately. The Right heel snapped out and "unglued" which is a bit weird as I was under the impression that they were goodyear welt. Very disappointed. I'm loving the new jeans as well though, but for the opposite reasons, I love that they are much longer and stack quite nicely. I picked up a pair of the skinny regular 15 cm hem jeans. They are exactly the same as the Raw Hem, but without the Raw Hem and are slightly longer.. best of all they are $470 as opposed to $570. Doesn't make much sense, but i'll take it!

bawlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear my Wyatt's almost daily (except in the pouring rain). They are a little beat and look fabulous :slayer:

neonrider

Reaction score
hey prudy, i too really like the new ss15 jeans. the "old vintage" jeans and the washed indigo jeans have exactly the same cut, they make excellent everyday jeans. they look right with pretty much everything and feel really good too.

and yeah scanner the non-raw hem raw hems (lol) are pretty awesome. weird that they made them, but like you, i'll take it :) . sorry to hear about the boots, sl quality issues are really beginning to bug me. some of the stuff is really, really unevenly made.

as for wyatts versus santiags, especially if you're switching over from margiela, it's no surprise that you don't like (aka get) santiags yet. hell, even most people who went crazy over slimane's first few collections don't really get santiags yet. that's because they don't really understand the aesthetic, but want to buy into the hype, the cool, the "rock star look" etc. but i'd bet that by the end of the season you'll be kicking yourself for not buying them...like happens every season. the whole point is to give a big middle finger to fashion a la margiela/givenchy/whatever...i think you're still in the middle ground. which is fine, but you're always going to be on the fence about what to choose.

finally, you'll hate me for saying it, sorry, but if you're a student and you're blowing a grand on biker boots you can't even beat up, you've missed the entire point of what slimane's trying to do, and make you feel. and so you'll never really feel good about them. go buy a pair of vintage boots, some books and a guitar instead.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that wyatt boots can take quite a bit of wear as long as you put rubber half soles on them.

Santiags all looking great by the way.

Anybody tried the new raw 15.5cm plain black jeans yet? They're made in Italy now instead of Japan, just wondering if there's been any changes to the fit.

Anybody else looking forward to next season's 'French' boot? Looking at the pictures, it's the boot that appeals most to my tastes yet (although I like them all of course), and I anticipate the 4.5 cm version being very commercially successful. The side zip version looks perfect.

Prudy

Reaction score
^^ which one is considered the 'French' boot, or is that just alluding to the higher heel?

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
i think it just refers to the "paris rock" theme of the collection. i'm looking forward to seeing them, but i haven't seen any pics beyond the runway yet, though i really liked the new harness boots there. kieran i agree, the 4.5cm version will be very successful.

i haven't tried the new raws, but there are usually both mii and mij versions...maybe the mijs will be released later given sl's production slowdowns.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Somebody on another forum that visited the showroom mentioned that the shape of the runway boots is called the French, but that could well be wrong. I also haven't seen any pictures other than the close ups on vogue, but the shape looks perfect for my tastes, and the leather that looks kind of crinkled and is used on the belts too, also looks really nice (not sure if it's a treated leather or a different skin of some kind - I don't know much about that kind of thing).

I'm the most excited about next season that I've been since I found out about Hedi's come back - if they get the sizing right then I think I'll be buying a lot.

newera90

Reaction score
if anyone wants their jeans to get tapered or anything, highly recommended Carmen's tailor in Leicester square, I brought my destroyed jeans to be tapered down from knee(6') and to hem(14cm) and shorten. They did a really good job, drop it yesterday and collected it today. Will definitely bring my black destroyed jeans to do the same as well!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads