• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prudy

Reaction score
Same way I got hold of the santiags, I got them second-hand from someone in France who works in the industry.

slann01

Reaction score
What's your usual SLP look for summer? Wearing jeans and leather boots here in Rome with about 35°C isn't a viable option :'(

Prudy

Reaction score
Yikes, 35 is hot! But, Rome is beautiful...

I live in milder climates, so I usually just wear skinny jeans, sneakers and a t-shirt. I will wear the boots, but it's usually only about 23-25 where I am. Sometimes you even need a jacket at night during the summer...leather at night, definitely.

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah its so hot in Australia i can't wear nothing, all i can wear is my SLP jeans and boots and a short sleeve plain tee..

newera90

Reaction score
Anyone has experience with shortening the destroyed jeans? Is it possible to keep the hole at the back of the hem?

neonrider

Reaction score
no, it's not possible to keep the hole. i really wouldn't recommend trying it shortening the destroyeds.

and as for summer looks, this collection has a ton of stuff for really hot climates. all the tunic style tops are made out of super light cotton, there are plenty of tank tops in different styles, etc. i think i'm just gonna wear a blood luster t and an L-something pretty much forever as far as summer goes.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For summer I like cropped jeans with cropped boots if not too hot, and with vans authentics / slip ons if it's hot. Then a striped / silk pocket / blood luster t on top. The cashmere cardigan just arrived today (haven't tried it yet), so hopefully I'll be using that for when the evenings get a little chilly.

joachim92

Reaction score
I recently fell in love with the brown suede wyatt boots and I'm thinking about buying a pair. The ones currently on the website are "nut" but I know there are also other variations, like "ochre". What other colours do exist and what is the difference? It's not really clear from pictures on the internet that are taken in different light conditions. Maybe someone has these in different variations and can take a side by side comparison shot?

Also, I read something from 2014 in this thread about how the quality (zippers, extra seam, ..?) is worse than in the past. Is this still the case? € 945 is A LOT (like really a lot) of money for me (still a student) so I don't want to end up with a "bad" product.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
some say its not as good as the past where they use big zippers etc, but that's not necessarily mean the current ones are 'bad' just not as 'good' in some peoples opinions. I wouldn't let that turn you off, SLP boots are the ****.

newera90

Reaction score
I recently fell in love with the brown suede wyatt boots and I'm thinking about buying a pair. The ones currently on the website are "nut" but I know there are also other variations, like "ochre". What other colours do exist and what is the difference? It's not really clear from pictures on the internet that are taken in different light conditions. Maybe someone has these in different variations and can take a side by side comparison shot?

Also, I read something from 2014 in this thread about how the quality (zippers, extra seam, ..?) is worse than in the past. Is this still the case? € 945 is A LOT (like really a lot) of money for me (still a student) so I don't want to end up with a "bad" product.
yea, as needhelp123 mentioned, its just some people like the 13version with bigger zip, but for me i still like the new version(thats why i bought them) and it is kind of impossible to buy the 13 version in my size anyway(39).

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried that, but after a 15 minute walk to the shops I was already sweating like I ran a marathon and the people look at me like im crazy wearing a leather jacket in heat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads