• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jectin

Reaction score
Would you say that that's the right size? Thanks

It was the right size for me. Of course, I had the luxury of being able to try them on in store. It is tight to start, but so were my leather wyatt harness boots and those stretched out nicely. I have a thin width to my foot if that helps. All my SLP boots are sized down (i.e I take a size down from my TTS). Hope that helps.

Rick Rossi

Reaction score

It was the right size for me. Of course, I had the luxury of being able to try them on in store. It is tight to start, but so were my leather wyatt harness boots and those stretched out nicely. I have a thin width to my foot if that helps. All my SLP boots are sized down (i.e I take a size down from my TTS). Hope that helps.

Yep! Super helpful. I've sized down on all my SLP boots as well.

Slashslash

Reaction score
Given KPMurphy's suggestion does this look legit to the collective group? Any of you have an idea of what to check for? I'll ask the seller if he's got a receipt but I doubt he'll have it. Would appreciate any thoughts/opinions on the potential purchase/source of purchase/etc if you're cool enough to share em.

Posting for the same jacket in different marketplaces below. [Edit:The one in the bottom is for Grailed but it's getting filtered out.]

https://www.ebay.com/itm/292051340787
https://*****************/listings/1846608

Comparing to the L01 I bought literally yesterday at the SLP boutique, I see a few discrepancies that could be just differences in the seasons. 1) my L01 does not have a center seam in the lining through the label, 2) my L01 has the chain, 3) my L01 has "saint laurent paris" stamped on all the buttons, but it's not clear (could be photo angle) whether that's the case for the lower lapel buttons on this one.

jtj48

Reaction score
Did someone in here say recently that they saw some non-croc Ranger side-zips floating around somewhere?

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got in my wyatt 30s black suede and i love them, previously only had two pairs of cropped jodhpurs thinking i was satisfied but the wyatt chelsea is a totally different shape might end up wearing these even more!

Franky Paige

Reaction score
Where's everyone buying their SLP clothing? I noticed a big price difference in EU and Britain prices compared to US. Are there any boutiques that send to US that you can recommend?

Last edited:

volchok

Reaction score

Did someone in here say recently that they saw some non-croc Ranger side-zips floating around somewhere?

I have a pair. Only wore them twice. They're in pristine condition, still have the box and everything. Might sell them if I get a good offer.

Randeep

Reaction score
Comparing to the L01 I bought literally yesterday at the SLP boutique, I see a few discrepancies that could be just differences in the seasons. 1) my L01 does not have a center seam in the lining through the label, 2) my L01 has the chain, 3) my L01 has "saint laurent paris" stamped on all the buttons, but it's not clear (could be photo angle) whether that's the case for the lower lapel buttons on this one.

So wrt @jcep question about http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l372277793 and your response,

I think each of the buttons do have the saint laurent paris stamp, it's just lighting. the seller has explained the absence of the chain.

seller says the jacket is a bit less snug than current seasons which contradicts everything i've understood about the jacket. i have an ss14 L01 and had to go to size 50 (vs 48 for my ss16 mutton L17) due to the fitted cut, and the leather is very juicy. in fact, i bet if you go into a store and look at the current L01 in lamb (not washed), without hearing about what people say on forums you'll probably still come to the conclusion on your own that it feels luxurious.

i vaguely remember @neonrider going through what he considered were the differents in leather and cut between all seasons from ss13 onwards. so you could scour posts by him.

Slashslash

Reaction score
So wrt @jcep question about http://page22.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l372277793 and your response,

I think each of the buttons do have the saint laurent paris stamp, it's just lighting. the seller has explained the absence of the chain.

seller says the jacket is a bit less snug than current seasons which contradicts everything i've understood about the jacket. i have an ss14 L01 and had to go to size 50 (vs 48 for my ss16 mutton L17) due to the fitted cut, and the leather is very juicy. in fact, i bet if you go into a store and look at the current L01 in lamb (not washed), without hearing about what people say on forums you'll probably still come to the conclusion on your own that it feels luxurious.

i vaguely remember @neonrider going through what he considered were the differents in leather and cut between all seasons from ss13 onwards. so you could scour posts by him.

Good to know. I'm curious about the lining still.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annmil44