• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rubato

Adman West

Reaction score
One last pic with the full rubato outfit. This is the standard v neck in fawn
IMG_0682.jpeg

Coastal Ivy

Reaction score
Hey everybody just a reminder that they are currently running a private sale for 30 % off selected items (code private24). Not a lot of the core items are included though... I'm considering a cardigan in ecru. Looks like you need to sign up for the mailing list to get the link but otherwise you could just add something you had your eye on and see if the code applies.

Coastal Ivy

Reaction score
Hey everybody just a reminder that they are currently running a private sale for 30 % off selected items (code private24). Not a lot of the core items are included though... I'm considering a cardigan in ecru. Looks like you need to sign up for the mailing list to get the link but otherwise you could just add something you had your eye on and see if the code applies.
Found the original email. Here's all the items!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240201_215651_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240201_215651_Gmail.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 573
Reaction score
Is there anything special about Rubato's quality, especially of their knitwear (lambswool and cashmere)? And has anyone tried the nonpareil cotton knit? I lust for it...

Adman West

Reaction score
It’s very nice quality, but there are other brands at this price point with similar quality. What I like about it is the style. There’s a subtlety to the cut and colors that I haven’t found many other brands. I have things I like just as much from Drakes, the Armoury, Anglo Italian, etc. But not with the same hit rate. It’s really consistent for me and it all goes well together. If you like the look it’s worth trying out

JelleKelle

Reaction score
I have two standard knitwear jumpers in lambswool and one in cashmere. They are my most worn knitwear. I wear them most often with Orslow 105. I almost always wear a M to L. In the Standard Knitwear L (180cm tall). If in doubt, I would rather size up, otherwise it would be too short for me. Due to the rather short body, you don't have to worry about it looking sloppy.

I also have the RW Sweater (size M, it’s true to size). It’s good. I like the front pockets and the brown color.

Quality is quite good. But I would say you can get the same quality a little cheaper elsewhere. However, the cut (the style makes quite a flattering figure) and colors are a unique selling point, which puts the price into perspective.

I don't particularly like the cut of her jeans, or rather they don't suit my figure. It's wider than Orslow's 105, especially from the knee down. I found the jeans fit true to size (Orslow 105: Size 3; Rubato: Size 34).

Last edited:

henrip

Reaction score
I have two standard knitwear jumpers in lambswool and one in cashmere. They are my most worn knitwear. I wear them most often with Orslow 105. I almost always wear a M to L. In the Standard Knitwear L (180cm tall). If in doubt, I would rather size up, otherwise it would be too short for me. Due to the rather short body, you don't have to worry about it looking sloppy.

I also have the RW Sweater (size M, it’s true to size). It’s good. I like the front pockets and the brown color.

Quality is quite good. But I would say you can get the same quality a little cheaper elsewhere. However, the cut (the style makes quite a flattering figure) and colors are a unique selling point, which puts the price into perspective.

I don't particularly like the cut of her jeans, or rather they don't suit my figure. It's wider than Orslow's 105, especially from the knee down. I found the jeans fit true to size (Orslow 105: Size 3; Rubato: Size 34).
My biggest concern with jeans are always the thighs. How would you compare Rubato and Orslow 105? 105 in size 3 is as slim as I can fit my thighs in but the waist is a bit loose

Adman West

Reaction score
I don’t have 105’s (I have some 107’s which are slimmer) but my guess would be the rubato thighs are roomier and the waist is slimmer

Bartolo

Reaction score
I own the R Shirt in chambray and love it. Seems quite well made. I don't find the size to be generous at all; pretty spot on. (I own the Large.)

JelleKelle

Reaction score
My biggest concern with jeans are always the thighs. How would you compare Rubato and Orslow 105? 105 in size 3 is as slim as I can fit my thighs in but the waist is a bit loose
I think Rubato should be a better fit than Orslow in this case.

Alternatively, maybe Brycelands (cut 133S is similar to Rubato's LOT1, but seemed a tad wider to me; the upper block of Brycelands 133 is the same as the 133S, but doesn't taper below the knee).

henrip

Reaction score
Thanks a alot! Looking at the measurements in Rubatos size chart I would have ordered 31 and 32 🫣. 33 or 34 should then be closer to 105 in size 3. I’ll have to email them and check if they’ve changed the cut, fabric or something that affects the measurements.

Last edited:

Rolf

Reaction score
I think Rubato should be a better fit than Orslow in this case.

Alternatively, maybe Brycelands (cut 133S is similar to Rubato's LOT1, but seemed a tad wider to me; the upper block of Brycelands 133 is the same as the 133S, but doesn't taper below the knee).

I’ll second Brycelands. Wider fit and is great with larger thighs. Have not tried Orslow 105, but based on measurements they look rather slim in the thighs.

vegancrabcakes

Reaction score
Just bought a brushed shetland in the breakwater color! How do people like the crewnecks? I was also considering knitwear from the Armoury or Drake's, but ended up with going with Rubato because I am relatively short and tend to wear high-rise jeans/trousers, and I've heard Rubato knits are a bit more cropped/boxy.

JelleKelle

Reaction score
Just bought a brushed shetland in the breakwater color! How do people like the crewnecks? I was also considering knitwear from the Armoury or Drake's, but ended up with going with Rubato because I am relatively short and tend to wear high-rise jeans/trousers, and I've heard Rubato knits are a bit more cropped/boxy.
Standard Crewneck?

I have two and I like them very much! They are relatively short and make a flattering figure. Be sure to check if they are long enough. Otherwise I would suggest sizing up.

Rolf

Reaction score
Received a cardigan from the sale a while ago and it’s stunning. Sized up, and its drape and fit is great. Definitely won’t be my last knit. Girlfriend got the deep V neck and is equally impressed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads