• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

hennree

Reaction score
nice^

I wonder if https://www.modapittsburgh.com will ever go online?

Also I picked up the pink photographer - it's beautiful. I hope this cupro thing continues; my favourite pieces over the last couple of seasons have all been cupro;

pants, bomber, floral shirt (one of my favourite geller pieces now)

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice^

I wonder if https://www.modapittsburgh.com will ever go online?

Also I picked up the pink photographer - it's beautiful. I hope this cupro thing continues; my favourite pieces over the last couple of seasons have all been cupro;

pants, bomber, floral shirt (one of my favourite geller pieces now)

@hennree How did you size the photographer with respect to your other Geller tops? I'm a 48 in Geller tops typically (last purchased the Pierre Breezy Shirt so been a while) and it seems stick to normal size even though measurements seem like a size down is possible. I get the sense that if I sized down, it would work in the shoulders, chest, but might look short in sleeves and body length. What's your experience?

hennree

Reaction score
@hennree How did you size the photographer with respect to your other Geller tops? I'm a 48 in Geller tops typically (last purchased the Pierre Breezy Shirt so been a while) and it seems stick to normal size even though measurements seem like a size down is possible. I get the sense that if I sized down, it would work in the shoulders, chest, but might look short in sleeves and body length. What's your experience?

I can jump between 44 and 46 depending on what it is but tend to go with a 46 in most cases.

I have both 44 and 46 in photographers. The 46 fits me fine but I just thought i'd test a 44 this season.

The 44 fits fine on the sleeves and everywhere else, but I definitely notice the cropped cut of it - I think there's about an inch difference in length between that and the 46. The 46 feels oversized & boxy, the 44 just feels boxy.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I can second this. I'm a 52 and own photographers in both 52 and 50. I'll take the 52 everytime but the 50 will work in a pinch.
The biggest difference, for me, is that the sleeves on the 50 are short (I just roll them) and like Hennree said you notice the crop a lot more.

keanswon

Reaction score
I'm surprised these weren't snapped up straight away - I logged on about 15 minutes after they launched and was expecting all 3 to be sold

Same. If I could afford to drop the cash at the moment I definitely would take one, regardless of size lol I tried on the M and didn't mind rocking it a little big.

If any of ya'll are on the fence about it, I'd say go for it; it's such a special piece — embroidery that size takes a good amount of time to make, and would be $$$ at any other embroidery booths / stations anyway. Wells used to do custom embroidery for Levis and The North Face, and recently left to try doing it on his own. Support emerging artists! And it's on a RG Denim jacket. Aaaaaand Wells is the bassist in our band ;) so 200% backing on my end.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Breezy Piere and side zips

45E4A41F-E90B-4CBE-AD4F-FCAD46C2769C.jpeg

Aside from Ssense and Totokaelo, There are also some steals in the NMWA archive sale and Maas and Stacks just started a 25% sale with “MEMORIAL18”

Also, do any of the NYC guys know if Bloomingdales sale started? And if so could you proxy something for me? I’m p sure they had the pink anorak in my size

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have that same Pierre shirt, always have to wear it with a bit of a slutty neckline for the tee

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Breezy Piere and side zips

View attachment 978889

Aside from Ssense and Totokaelo, There are also some steals in the NMWA archive sale and Maas and Stacks just started a 25% sale with “MEMORIAL18”

Also, do any of the NYC guys know if Bloomingdales sale started? And if so could you proxy something for me? I’m p sure they had the pink anorak in my size
Call the midtown Bloomingdales store directly. Ask for a salesperson in “the Lab” (area which sells certain brands including Geller). If I recall correctly, there is a salesperson there named Brad (don’t remember last name) that used to work for Geller. He or someone there should be able to help you.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah Brad is there but I don't want to bug him with it if I don't have to. I mean I will if nobody else can proxy but I already feel like I ask him a ton of ****.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrimFandango