• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@gdl203 were you at the show?

Yes we were there. The collection had a great vibe IMO. Maybe because I'm an old fart and have some of my own memories of the eighties. The mix of the late punk rock details and darkness (hello Nina Hagen) with the fluo colors so typical of the early 80s, was quite interesting to me.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would love a robo sweater.
In terms of recent knits I loved the fisherman and if I found a large I would try it and hope it fit, I liked the Gustav as well and the panelled mohair one from a year or so ago. But as always, no XL/52 were made.

keanswon

Reaction score
in case anyone is interested, the "Lust & Sound" that was painted on the first layer of plexiglass panel on the right is a reference to the film Lust & Sound in West Berlin.

collection felt very "soft punk" to me. loved it. there's also a jacket version of the moto vest (look 24) with the embroidery and patches, and both pieces are so badass. really liked the muted leopard prints, especially on the grey/purple/black photographer shirt. lots of frayed edges as well, which I'm really into. the strap "bomber" is actually more of a bomber/blazer/moto jacket hybrid — it's got sleeve zips! the yellow/black striped short sleeve shirt is a must, as is the color blocked shirt from look 2. the paisley souvenir jackets are also a cool take on the older RG S/S bombers; I think the patch bomber is as close to a souvenir jacket as an RG bomber has ever been until this season.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All paisley everything.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of photographer shirts, that's what the printed shirt RG was wearing is, right?
I still wish I could find the black and red patterned version from last season in a 52 even 50, I only ever saw it at Maas and Stacks though.

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Same here, didn't even know I was sleeping till it was too late. Seen it a few times on @keanswon 's instagram and it looks great. I only saw it at Maas and I think one of the Japanese retailers? Would kill for a 48.

I remember East Dane had the blue/grey non-photog cut of the Drifter print shirt. Kinda wish I had given that a shot too, I remember it lasted at sale price for awhile.

Won't make the same mistake when the AW16 shirt hits.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yep.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had much experience with the leathers? Just picked up the Fritz moto jacket from FW13 (in Lamb), for super cheap, but am a bit clueless when it comes to leather in general (besides shoes), first Geller piece and first leather jacket (the price was seriously good, praying that the 'like new' description proves to be true). I've yet to feel a leather that feels 'supple' or 'buttery' when browsing in shops, yet that's what I've read that I should be after for a 'good' quality one (obviously I know that Cow leather would be different, not looking for something that is stiff/needs a lot of breaking in)

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That poor Fritz jacket has been turning circles around Grailed for a while now...the current seller is at least the third owner, which makes you at least the fourth. It could still be in great condition, though. The Fritz is definitely an acquired taste, but on people who can pull it off, I think it looks fantastic.

Others have had far more experience with Geller leather than I have, so I won't say much, but for the one Geller leather I owned, the leather itself was neither a selling point nor disappointing. It was good enough (this one was sheep). I sold it because I decided I don't like padded leathers, and this one had a bit of bulk.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, thanks for that, hopefully 4th time's the charm... Did the whole measuring thing beforehand and know that that style suits me (besides the bondagey shoulder details, shall have to see about those), so fingers crossed that there's not some other terrible secret which keeps leading to it being sold. Have seen shots on Totokaelo where the black looks almost purple, which could be cool. Anyway, thanks again for the info
thumbs-up.gif

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kind of related, but not really. Did that shearling "leather" from a few seasons ago ever get produced (2013 I think)? I'm pretty sure it was a neoprene faux leather or something, I'll go through the runway **** and see if i can find it but I remember really liking it but I never saw it get picked up.

Edit: this jacket, Fw13.

That whole year was awesome too, SS13 was amazing.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
whenever an item is sold that many times...there always is a terrible secret
teacha.gif

SS17 looked really good, can't wait to see more...just like can't wait to see AW16 in stores

Anyone else always think that the very very very very very very very last fit of the show is always the best?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads