• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I still might be tempted by some grey Richard pants and taupe bballs but I think I need to start saving for the Fall/Winter stuff now. September seems really close already and the boots and coats are going to be $$$

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I still might be tempted by some grey Richard pants and taupe bballs but I think I need to start saving for the Fall/Winter stuff now. September seems really close already and the boots and coats are going to be $$$

The big parka has a removable hood and liner. Several things have a bit of alpaca or angora in them. What coats are you eyeballin'?

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Both of these, although they might be the same.

The car coat/short sleeve coat and sleeveless coat/poncho thing also look really cool but I don't know if I would buy it. Same for the puffer coat.
Need the brick bomber, iirc this was the cheapest of the 3 bombers so at least that's something. Wouldn't say no to the Raphael either but I really like how simple the one pictured is, especially in the brick colour or that yellowish colour.
I also really like the collarless blazer but need to see more and I'm hoping for some knits. I really need more knitwear, I know you said the turtlenecks were prohibitively expensive, but maybe on discount. And there was a grid pattern sweater in the runway that was under a coat, I can't find the pic now but it looked cool.
EDIT: here's the knit.
And that's not only talking about outerwear
1f601.png

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was asked before and i think Kyle at NMWA said go TTS. Or it was someone who was involved with their photoshoot.

Tonio sized down 1 though. You can ask him for pictures. I think size down 1 would work for a slimmer fit and TTS for a slouchy fit. I would personally do TTS

I went a size down than my typical RG shirt/jacket size and it's a perfect oversized fit for me. I snapped a fit pic today and will post it up when I have a moment. I really like it.

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@OccultaVexillum the brown one is just called The Textured Coat. It's furry like the Jerome but a little less synthetic (wool/nylon/alpaca)
The collarless DB blazer is this fabric too

The black one is the Daniel Zipper Coat, it has a variation on the ribbed V-neck that comes around every few seasons (wool/angora/nylon)

I don't love the parka in the runway shot but it's really cool, especially in the other colors, charcoal/gray and khaki/charcoal

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@melonadejello cool, thanks for the info. The textured coat is the must buy then at this point, I love the colour and most of my coats are black or very dark grey so that will be good for a change.

And thanks everybody for the fit feedback.

Last edited:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went a size down than my typical RG shirt/jacket size and it's a perfect oversized fit for me. I snapped a fit pic today and will post it up when I have a moment. I really like it.

As promised, here are some snaps of the cut off hoodie in action (bonus snaps of the taupe suede CP x Geller BBalls as well since I was wearing them today too). As I mentioned, I'm typically a 48 in Geller tops/coats, medium in the Seconds tops and went with a small in this and achieved the intended fit. I'm usually a medium in slimmer brand casual sweats from like W+H or Reigning Champ, size small in more classic fit brands.

Sweatshirt and Sneaker Detail Shots

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anybody have a link to that University e-magazine with the Geller interview from 1-2 years ago? I think it was @keanswon who did it?

baklanyc

Reaction score

The colour, drape and feel of the navy dusters is so damn good. I'm definitely glad I picked up a pair.

I love how tencel "bounces", and I love how this is colour isn't just flat navy, it's got different tones in the warp and weft and just hangs so well. I will definitely be kopping the grey too and it makes the Pierre shirt that much more necessary (I'm assuming it's the same fabric in the navy).

I don't think it is. The Pierre fabric is definitely shirt weight, and slightly sheer too. So unless your dusters are sheer, I don't think they're the same. Plus the blue Pierre shirt is a flat solid color, no variations in the tone.

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah sizing down on richard stuff will lead to tears in my opinion.

So yea, I was like HMMMMMMMM...because I had tried on the full Richard suit from this season from East Dane and it was pretty much a perfect fit in a 46. A little trim, but I know how much this Richard stuff stretches and sags, etc, so all good.

Ordered the previous season richard pants from SSense on super sale (70% off) and got it last night...and, wow, took it out of the bag and it was like pants for child. So, yea, I guess the new season is cut bigger?

Anyways, don't sleep on the washed twill dock pants. I tried them on from East Dane and was like blown away. I waited because it just seemed like this was something that was gonna hit sales. It's like $129 now. Wear it basically rolled up, its a nice alternative to jeans.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads