• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Fit pic when you get a chance. Saw them on Rakuten too but wasn't sure what they were. Nice score!

On a separate note, us Canadians are really taking a beating on the prices with the Canadian dollar
frown.gif

Wish there was a Canadian shop doing Geller preorders.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@flowcharts and the fit is good going true? It's making me reconsider the khaki August's even though the store guys told me to definitely size up. I wish Nomad was responsive to emails too, I understand sizing questions are tedious and frustrating but that's kind of the nature of online shopping. I just want to know if the Thilo pants fit like cargo's (ie/ size up 1)

flowcharts

Reaction score
@flowcharts and the fit is good going true? It's making me reconsider the khaki August's even though the store guys told me to definitely size up. I wish Nomad was responsive to emails too, I understand sizing questions are tedious and frustrating but that's kind of the nature of online shopping. I just want to know if the Thilo pants fit like cargo's (ie/ size up 1)

IDK how other Geller pants fit but if the usual 30" = 46 convention holds then I'd recommend true. I'm probably going to wear these high rise/cropped as opposed to dropped, and they fit nicely through the leg (including my slightly disproportionate thighs). The waist is a little big, maybe 3/4" bigger than would be perfect for me, but with the rise it's really not as much of an issue. I may get it tailored eventually, but it's just a minor thing. Also note that the hem is small, with no stretch, so if you have huge feet double check the measurements.

& I'll get some pics up in the next couple days

jibak

Reaction score
Geller has no idea how to cut pants esp in thick fabric. Unless u chop ur balls off forget about "thick wool" pants circa 09 tanker pants. Your waist-pocket-hip having no breathing room (not to mention u cant sit down) but baggy and "shape holding" in all sorts of wrong places.

U gotta love it by now. Its like a guessing game of which pieces are intentionally and quite safe to say completely obsolete amongst... um impulsive buy candidates backed by online hype that no one actually lives by until 70% discount 2 weeks b4 the next season drop

Last edited:

hayaoyamaneko

Reaction score
Damn, Massimo bomber more expensive than I thought it would be. Didn't the Sebastian retail for around $650? I'm guessing the Massimo is lined or something?

I guess now it's between getting a garment dyed bomber in ochre or magenta or saving up and hoping some places pick up the Massimo in black in the fall (which is a given, I hope...)

Awesome preorder though, thanks NMWA!

Last edited:

modawolf

Reaction score
yeah i was interested in the Massimo too. Guess if you really want it, you should go for the pre-order because you can chop up your payments.

CityHunter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Son of a...I need that Garment Bomber in my life. But I'm leaving to Japan in a couple of weeks and I need to save all the money I can! Dammit all. 1st world problems :embar:

Speaking of...besides Via Bus Stop and Cave (did they drop Geller? And 7 Shop?), does anyone know any Geller stockists in the Osaka/Kyoto area (I know they were mentioned somewhere in this thread, but as mentioned I think some shops dropped RG)? My Geller sized 52 body will not be getting any love in the torso region, but I can maybe grab some bottoms and accessories

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads