• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

feelufo

Reaction score
I ordered Adelaide chelsea boots (women's) in black from Collier in October and am still waiting for them to ship. They were showing all sizes being in stock when I ordered them, and I did not make any special request for the boots. Now, they're showing that model out of stock on the website, so I'm assuming they oversold them. My initial inquiries were ignored until two weeks ago which the response was summarized as "they will probably ship this Friday." They did not.

If you're trying to get some as a gift, I would avoid this vendor.
Update on my order. I inquired again on my order to see if there was any hope it would be fulfilled before Christmas, but this time I inquired through Paypal. Within 24 hours, I had a refund from Collier pending (it's currently still listed as pending) without any explanation. I did not contact Paypal for a refund, I messaged Collier through Paypal. The fact that they are not even explaining anything makes me feel like I've been used as a bank.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Is the Turnout last slightly larger than the Craftsman? I'm a 14B (US) brannock and have tried the comfort craftsman in 13G and 13H. The G was too narrow and while the H was okay in width, it was ever so slightly too short (my big toe bumped the front/top of the boot.

I'm wondering if the fact the turnout has a rounder toe would mean it's slightly deeper inside at the front.
Secondly, the 13H I tried felt pretty damn loose and had lots of heel slip despite being too short. Would it be worth me trying say, a 13.5G. Perhaps it'll be tighter, longer, but slightly wider than the 13G.

[edit] Suppose another option is, does the Dynamic Flex Craftsman have a deeper build (to accommodate the insole. Could I take it out to leave a bit more vertical space in the front of the boot and find a thinner insole to replace it?

Last edited:

EUtroll

Reaction score
Is the Turnout last slightly larger than the Craftsman? I'm a 14B (US) brannock and have tried the comfort craftsman in 13G and 13H. The G was too narrow and while the H was okay in width, it was ever so slightly too short (my big toe bumped the front/top of the boot.

I'm wondering if the fact the turnout has a rounder toe would mean it's slightly deeper inside at the front.
Secondly, the 13H I tried felt pretty damn loose and had lots of heel slip despite being too short. Would it be worth me trying say, a 13.5G. Perhaps it'll be tighter, longer, but slightly wider than the 13G.

[edit] Suppose another option is, does the Dynamic Flex Craftsman have a deeper build (to accommodate the insole. Could I take it out to leave a bit more vertical space in the front of the boot and find a thinner insole to replace it?

I tried the same, i.e. Turnout in same size, and for me the difference was minimal but I suppose it comes down to the shape of your toes.

Elderidge

Reaction score
But would you say the turnouts have an ever so slightly larger toe box? In particular, length and height wise?
i find the turnout to have more toe room vertically. I find the top of my toe touching the toe box in my craftsman but not as much on the turnout. If you're finding the 13 short, maybe try a 14F? it should be about the same width as the 13G but longer.

Phalanx

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll definitely give the turnout a go from your replies.

www.ahume.co.uk seems to stock a lot of large half sizes (13.5 for example) so i may try a 13.5G comfort craftsman as well.

Fluffhead020

Reaction score
Just a follow up about the CB fiasco. I am glad I stuck with it because Freddie and CB made it right for me. They went above and beyond what they needed to do to make up for the almost 2 month wait and poor communication.

I still have a size 8UK/US9 Burnished Chinchilla I would love to sell or trade for cheaper than what I paid. These shoes are brand new and never worn besides on carpet in the house. Message me if your interested and I will get you some pics.

EdoubleD

Reaction score
Just a follow up about the CB fiasco. I am glad I stuck with it because Freddie and CB made it right for me. They went above and beyond what they needed to do to make up for the almost 2 month wait and poor communication.

I still have a size 8UK/US9 Burnished Chinchilla I would love to sell or trade for cheaper than what I paid. These shoes are brand new and never worn besides on carpet in the house. Message me if your interested and I will get you some pics.
Glad you happy at the end of it. My last promise was my boots would be with me befor Xmas, sadly I don’t think that’s going to be the case

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Glad you happy at the end of it. My last promise was my boots would be with me befor Xmas, sadly I don’t think that’s going to be the case

I still never got an answer about whether my MTOs made it out before RMW closes for a month or whatever, despite 3 inquiries through a channel that had been previously good to get info from Freddie. Bummer. Looks like it’ll be February most likely since RMW is closed.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still never got an answer about whether my MTOs made it out before RMW closes for a month or whatever, despite 3 inquiries through a channel that had been previously good to get info from Freddie. Bummer. Looks like it’ll be February most likely since RMW is closed.

How long is RM Williams closed for? I was hoping my original order, the Adelaide’s for my wife, would arrive today and they did not. I spoke to CB moments ago when the package delivered today did not have the original order even though they assured me many times it would. They’re now saying it won’t be until January 7th...but if RM Williams is closed until February then that means an even longer wait.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
How long is RM Williams closed for? I was hoping my original order, the Adelaide’s for my wife, would arrive today and they did not. I spoke to CB moments ago when the package delivered today did not have the original order even though they assured me many times it would. They’re now saying it won’t be until January 7th...but if RM Williams is closed until February then that means an even longer wait.

Apparently they don’t fully close, but they scale production way back. I said February just because I am assuming that things take twice as long in this situation. RMW claims that MTOs take 8 weeks, but that doesn’t seem to be the case here. I’m at over 10 weeks, RMW isn’t shipping anything until the new year, and by that point it’ll be 12 weeks before anything even leaves Australia. Bummer.

Kandkodos

Reaction score
Got a 3 yo pair of RMs to have their elastics re-done at a cobbler and they nicked the leather. Didn't notice until after I got home and now they're on holidays until Feb. Best to check your boots thoroughly right there and then!

IMG_20181222_063919.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hightechtraders