• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLEFORUM MEETUP - Styleforum and Epaulet at Alfargo's Market NYC (9/27 and 9/28)

This Friday and Saturday night, please join Styleforum and Epaulet at the esteemed Alfargo's Marketplace. It will take place at the Neue House on 25th Street and Park Ave. Everyone is welcome. Check out our Alpaca Project and have beverage on us.

Details can be found here

Fok and the Styleforum Team and Epaulet.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll join you in the small minority, I like this generation of the 1159 as well, though why you would sell a 41mm time only watch on a rubber/textile strap and not give it more than 30mm WR is beyond me. A 38mm version with a suitable preowned or grey market discount would be something high on my list.

I tried the Code 11.59 a while back and liked it way more than I thought I would. Chronograph model, in particular, is nice. Occupies the same space, in my mind, as something like a ROO, Hublot, or Panerai - something big, casual, and fun. In the case of the of the Code 11.59, I was impressed by the feel and ergonomics of the case, the articulation of the strap, and the crystal. It really put a smile on my face.

For mid to high 30s, though, I find it a real tough pill to swallow.

IMG_4162.jpeg

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried the Code 11.59 a while back and liked it way more than I thought I would. Chronograph model, in particular, is nice. Occupies the same space, in my mind, as something like a ROO, Hublot, or Panerai - something big, casual, and fun. In the case of the of the Code 11.59, I was impressed by the feel and ergonomics of the case, the articulation of the strap, and the crystal. It really put a smile on my face.

For mid to high 30s, though, I find it a real tough pill to swallow.

View attachment 2253607
I don't get all the criticisms on the 11.59. I personally think they're fantastic.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get all the criticisms on the 11.59. I personally think they're fantastic.
The more recent releases are way better. The initial releases were awful. Because the first gens were so bad, the whole line is sh1t on. On top of the terrible first gens, AP was essentially black mailing ppl into buying them to get a Royal Oak.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s an ugly, gaudy, bulky watch that people only buy because they’re forced to in order to acquire a RO.
Well don’t mislead people. It’s to acquire your place on the waitlist if we are being honest. Whether a RO eventually materializes on your wrist is rather doubtful.

Watch manufacturers and ADs have basically taken the position of “coulda, shoulda, woulda”. You could have bought a watch you don’t want. You should have if you want to get the watch you actually want. Maybe we would have eventually sold you that watch.

Last edited:

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Had a look at his Insta, this guy has a pretty punchable face. And he is German, what an idea to settle in France, he is very late. 🤭
His profile says he is "based" in like 4 different cities. 🤔

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
His profile says he is "based" in like 4 different cities. 🤔
Well didn’t read that far, just understood he has an house (that was robbed) in France and a shop in Monaco. He asks to tell him if « his watches » appear on the market, but what are « his watches »? Never heard of him before today.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s an ugly, gaudy, bulky watch that people only buy because they’re forced to in order to acquire a RO.

I was at the boutique in Vegas and the SA kept saying they accept all major credit cards and will overnight me the 11.59 when they get one. Couldn't tell me anything about the watch other than what colour/case material they're available in.

I tried to like it but I don't find it to be anything special.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Potomac Tie Company