• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

eddyw

Reaction score
Hey Lucido

Thanks for the heads up, I just bagged the last pair of kangaroo confort craftsman in tanbark. Quick delivery from denewear

The boots are stunning, they are almost too good to wear. The way I would describe them is an ultra fine dress boots for `Sundays` they fit incredibly well
and are super soft next purchase will be in Chestnut

If anyone knows best product for care would be greatly appreciated, was going use rm saddle dressing or leather conditioner dont want the high shine really as Kangaroo tanbark
has a great look as is

Thanks again

edd

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - I thought I'd pass along this note (below) that I just got from Barry @ BootsOnline. Certainly a disappointment and hope the RMW/LVMH reopen this in the new year.

"On 14 December 2016 RM Williams advised all stockists that they have closed their order book until further notice.

They are also NOT accepting orders for Made-to-Order styles."

Regards

Barry

Last edited:

Young Angus

Reaction score
I know here in Australia they just close for a Christmas break, so they stop making anything until early in the new year but I just placed a Made To Order order a few days ago in store and it was fine. They just said that they have a break for the holidays.

Is this what you're talking about or is there something more sinister going on?

Jason Kadushin

Reaction score
If that's their usual MO I would expect Barry to know about it given his many years of working with RMW.

Last edited:

equesta

Reaction score
Hello there, great thread this one and I've used it lots while recently choosing my first pair of MTO boots...went with Tanbark Kangaroo Craftsman so can't wait to get them.

I have an old pair of RMs that belonged to my Dad when he was growing up and he probably bought them in the 70s...amazing thing is they're my EXACT size, but they've got a bit of a savage heel on them and I can't decide if I think they're too feminine or not.

Anyway I was just wondering what they are so here are some pics...perhaps the collective hive here can shed some light on them...I love the way the leather has aged too:

02///M3

Reaction score
FWIW I was in the soho store today and they said they could place an MTO order for me, but that it would be delayed a couple of weeks due to the holidays.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was looking to purchase a pair of craftsmans but was surprised by the seam down the middle of them even the toes. Does this fade or become less noticeable with wear?

kbuzz

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know if the NYC downtown "salon" can arrange a factory resold.

I have a very nice pair of forum specials and part of what makes them special is the screwed soles. I'd like to duplicate the originals

Young Angus

Reaction score
Haha I am not that tall actually...I'm in the "short" category I think. I did wear them a few times and once when I played a rock and roll gig with my band but I don't vibe with the rounded look as opposed to the more square look of some of the others. That and the heel is extreme! Maybe a little high for me, I would like a pair of the Yearlings one day though. Shame, these ones are in such great condition...maybe I can get them remade into something a little easier to walk in....hmmm I wonder if that's a possibility.

kbuzz

Reaction score

[@=/u/141721/Portland-Dry-Goods]@Portland Dry Goods[/@]have a brown suede model that's stunning! Great shop, cool guys. I try to stop in every couple of months when I'm up there for work.
M Is that a standard craftsman in suede?

SpeedBird

Reaction score

Anyone happen to know if the NYC downtown "salon" can arrange a factory resold.

I have a very nice pair of forum specials and part of what makes them special is the screwed soles. I'd like to duplicate the originals

Yes the factory is the only place to replace the screwed soles. Take then in and get it done. It will take time but well worth the price. They will look like new once the repair is completed.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW I was in the soho store today and they said they could place an MTO order for me, but that it would be delayed a couple of weeks due to the holidays.

The NYC store is open again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HHawker

Reaction score
Hi All,

Have been checking in on this forum occasionally over the past few years and note there has recently been a lot of commentary regarding the changes to the RM BRAND.

With this is mind, I'm seriously considering placing an order for the 'Forum Special' noted in post one of this thread. Have seen various photos and really like the look.

In light of the recent changes to MTO, does anyone know if the 'Special' is still available?

Cheers.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Believe that it is only available from one of the Aussie resellers in the first thread. Suggest U reaching out to them.
Hi All,

Have been checking in on this forum occasionally over the past few years and note there has recently been a lot of commentary regarding the changes to the RM BRAND.

With this is mind, I'm seriously considering placing an order for the 'Forum Special' noted in post one of this thread. Have seen various photos and really like the look.

In light of the recent changes to MTO, does anyone know if the 'Special' is still available?

Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads