• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

equesta

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got this email from Nungar, apologies if this has already been posted, but looks like, on top of RM raising their core prices, they've stopped their MTO's "until further notice":

Quote:
RM Williams also advise that all backorders that have been placed and logged in RM Williams system prior to the 14th December, 2016 will be supplied at the current pricing. Further advice is that any boot orders received after this date will only be shipped from / if available stock. Any footwear that cannot be supplied immediately will be put on backorder to be re-ordered by us when we are notified by RM Williams that their order book has reopened.

RM Williams apologise for the inconvenience of the restricted supply of the Australian made boots.

Nungar Trading Co currently holds substantial stock of the popular core styles and in most cases we feel confident that we are able to fulfil orders without delay. Please note, if your order is unavailable and is placed on backorder, we will only be able to fulfil your order at our price at the time of supply.

Guess I'll give my MTO collection a bit of extra TLC for now...
inlove.gif

02///M3

Reaction score
Very weird that their NYC store said they could place an MTO for me a couple days back. But I guess I wouldn't be surprised if the SA just wasn't up to speed. Too bad, as I really wanted a black suede comfort turnout, but was hoping to order through a third party for the significantly better pricing.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Could be the difference between MTO orders from discounting retailers and what I assume are full price or even premium price MTO through a corporate store. They may be looking good to bring the MTO in house.

02///M3

Reaction score
Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. Either way, it's just hard to stomach the idea of paying $550 for a boot that for many years has been selling for half that. I'll probably drop back by the store in the next couple weeks regardless, so I'll let you guys know what I find out.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm enjoying wearing the Classic Turnouts I got from Nungar. Nice boots, but yes, not sure they are $550 boots.

I got an order in to Nungar for MTO kangaroo buckle boots in a wide fitting end of November, and at the time Steve said expect a February delivery. Haven't been charged for them yet, so if they come through great. If not, no big deal.

ausinusa

Reaction score
Visited the Warringah RMW store over the holidays as I was in Sydney from the US.
Apparently RMW are planning expansion into the US market, specifically Texas.
The longhorn image/silhouette is trademarked by the University of Texas so RMW is (apparently) removing this from their current branding.
At least that's what the rep said casually to me.

kbuzz

Reaction score

Visited the Warringah RMW store over the holidays as I was in Sydney from the US.
Apparently RMW are planning expansion into the US market, specifically Texas.
The longhorn image/silhouette is trademarked by the University of Texas so RMW is (apparently) removing this from their current branding.
At least that's what the rep said casually to me.
J

This could be a good thing but I suspect ithis an the MTo issues is a sign that the new corporate overlords are starting to flex their muscles

Yet another iconic brand (fill in the blank)

cezinho

Reaction score
any source for RMW in Europe that might still on sale?

eddyw

Reaction score
Cloggs are very reputable. I have ordered from them in the past and they have been great!

Delivery wise I chose the free delivery and they arrived the next day, so if in the UK I would save on postage and go for free delivery

I just bagged a pair of comfort craftsman chestnut reduced 40%, with the RM price increase these are now a great deal at 50% discount rrp

Be good to compare the craftsman to my loake and cheaney and see if they are as good as some say

Edd

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads