• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macquarie style might be your choice.

How is the fit compared to the craftsman? I have an 8F width craftsman and was told 8G would be the pick as it has less space in the toe region. Haven't pulled the trigger as it's a MTO boot so a refund is off the cards.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Macquarie style might be your choice.

How is the fit compared to the craftsman? I have an 8F width craftsman and was told 8G would be the pick as it has less space in the toe region. Haven't pulled the trigger as it's a MTO boot so a refund is off the cards.

In my experience the Macquarie has more room in the toe than the Craftsman as it is higher and has more volume. Width-wise they are about the same although optically the Macquarie looks narrower.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my experience the Macquarie has more room in the toe than the Craftsman as it is higher and has more volume. Width-wise they are about the same although optically the Macquarie looks narrower.
If that is the case, would you recommend sticking with an 8F in the macquarie?

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since your location is listed as being in Australia, why not pop into an RMW store and try on both the Craftsman and the Macquarie so that you can figure out your size and preferred last shape and then place the MTO order?

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since your location is listed as being in Australia, why not pop into an RMW store and try on both the Craftsman and the Macquarie so that you can figure out your size and preferred last shape and then place the MTO order?

I've tried that - as above mentioned, they don't have the Macquarie in their flagship store as it's a made to order boot. i was recommended to try on the yearling boot as it's essentially the same boot but with a higher heel; because of the higher heel, the foot tended to slide forward so it didn't really give an accurate feel and depiction of the macquarie.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It all depends on your unique foot shape of course but for the record I wear a 9G in the Craftsman, 9G in the Macquarie and 9H in the comfort craftsman (which run a bit narrower IMO possibly due to the internal padding). I agree about the Yearling not being a good surrogate for the fit of the Macquarie due to the high heel...

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've tried that - as above mentioned, they don't have the Macquarie in their flagship store as it's a made to order boot. i was recommended to try on the yearling boot as it's essentially the same boot but with a higher heel; because of the higher heel, the foot tended to slide forward so it didn't really give an accurate feel and depiction of the macquarie.

Apologies, I didn't realise that the Macquarie was a MTO only. I had assumed you were just submitting an order for a custom makeup.

Last edited:

90shilling

Reaction score
@Prince of Paisley @Tck13 - thanks to your photos and stellar reviews, I picked up a pair of chocolate suede Comfort Craftsmans. The comfort, construction, and versatility are terrific.

Blake Stitched Blues

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are stunning @90shilling

You and @Prince of Paisley are seriously making me regret opting for the lighter mid-brown suede.

Last edited:

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Prince of Paisley @Tck13 - thanks to your photos and stellar reviews, I picked up a pair of chocolate suede Comfort Craftsmans. The comfort, construction, and versatility are terrific.
I keep thinking about getting the black suede as well... Don't forget a suede brush and some waterproof spray as well.

Last edited:

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are stunning @90shilling

You and @Prince of Paisley
 are seriously making me regret opting for the lighter mid-brown suede.

Have no regrets!

giorgioorwell

Reaction score
Have a pair of Chestnut Brown Comfort Craftsman's that have scuffed toes where the brown color is removed...anyone have any idea what color and brand of polish in the US that is the closest match to the Stockman's Chestnut Brown polish that seems to be impossible to order online in this country?

I used some dark brown Kiwi on it, and it's not a good match....

Any reco's on brand and best way to restore where the color has been worn away?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey gang, got some comfort craftsmans on the way. How difficult they are to resole? This is my first non standard rubber sole (dainite, commando, ridgeway, etc), can they be resoled to the afforementioned options? Or maybe worth it to put topy over the rubber

Bullitt

Reaction score
@@troika

You can send your boots to Australia for a factory repair, but this is rather expensive. Last time I sked in the RM Williams shop in London, the price was 190£. There is a company here in the UK that repairs RM Williams boots, using original parts. http://www.shoe-repairs.co.uk/ The rubber sole of one of my pairs needs replacement soon, after about six years and I will give them a try. A friend of mine had his boots successfully resoled by a good local cobbler; of course not using originale soles.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Reaction score
Thinking about ordering a pair of Craftman boots in width H either from Nungar or from Boots-online.

I have ordered from Boots-online before and width H is a special order, which would take longer to deliver. Therefore I am thinking about ordering from Nungar, where the boots are 10 AUD$ cheaper and a wide size seems to be in store. Unfortunately I couldn’t find information on payment methods and shipping costs on their site. Seems a bit dodgy.

I know Styleforum members have ordered from Nungar. What was your experience? What was the delivery time? How much do they charge for shipping to the UK? How do you pay?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads