• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice one Pop! that was going to be my next commission. it'll look great beaten up

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently hooked into the Facebook RM Williams site and I am stunned how much negativity there is about RM quality. The mod has to constantly apologize or reassure posters.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently hooked into the Facebook RM Williams site and I am stunned how much negativity there is about RM quality. The mod has to constantly apologize or reassure posters.
I personally don't think the quality has got any better or worse - but people's expectations have likely risen in recent years, in lockstep with RMW's prices.

JosephD

Reaction score
I have a pair that offer me enough room between the end of my longest toe and the tip of the boot, however due to the toe box being so short, when I walk my toe runs into this. It isn't extremely uncomfortable but it's very noticeable and I definitely would not describe these as being some of my most comfortable shoes like some people here. Do I need to size up?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
talking to my cobbler who is a full trained shoemaker and has worked on a lot of RMs. He tells me the inner sole is now a cardboard flex material and if you want leather you have to but the $1K special jobs with the sign off. Is this true?

zeddog

Reaction score
Hi All
Work mate is moving these on and came to me as I have a pair of the buckle boots.
However these are different
Can someone help?
1. What are they called .?What's the story with place forcstrap AND elastic with a rod on leather in the elastic too
2. What is the leather It's somewhat 'bubbled' but does not look like emu to me.

Thanks

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

talking to my cobbler who is a full trained shoemaker and has worked on a lot of RMs. He tells me the inner sole is now a cardboard flex material and if you want leather you have to but the $1K special jobs with the sign off. Is this true?

I don't know about cardboard but they have a fibreglass shank. The comfort craftsman and dynamic flex models are incredibly comfortable.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ +1 for the comfort craftsman. thanks Oli for recommending them to me.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi All
Work mate is moving these on and came to me as I have a pair of the buckle boots.
However these are different
Can someone help?
1. What are they called .?What's the story with place forcstrap AND elastic with a rod on leather in the elastic too
2. What is the leather It's somewhat 'bubbled' but does not look like emu to me.

Thanks

Let me take a shot:

1. The RM Williams Jodhpur with the buckle missing.
2. Kangaroo.

tylernim

Reaction score
What are bootsonline's business hours?

I called and placed an order with Barry Wednesday night EST. My CC was declined while I was sleeping. I replied to Bridget who emailed me with my order form letting me know. I called the bank got it cleared etc for the next attempt.

I tried to call last night...Thursday EST a number of times to try and make sure the order processed. Nobody picked up from 11AM-2PM AU time. They did not attempt to run my CC again. Lastly I never got an email reply.

Are they closed on Fridays?

I was already cutting it close on my pair being delivered in time for an event that I would really like/need them for. At this point I think they will not arrive on time as their weekend has started.

Bingham

Reaction score
newbie to RM Williams here- I'm looking to upgrade from my Blundstones and had a quick question:

I am wanting something dressier than the Blunnies and with a narrower toe box- can anyone speak to the Turnouts? Are they as wide as the Gardener? Not sure if I want to go as narrow as the Craftsman, but perhaps.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads