• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good news! I e-mailed RM Williams customer service and they informed me that the store is simply moving to a new location, to open again later this year. 

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif

About time somebody did what I suggested a page or so back and contact RMW direct!

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm going to be in Melbourne and Sidney next week, and I'd like to buy a pair of boots, any suggestions for where, specifically, the best price would be?

cmd06

Reaction score

Hi mate,

The suede ones are actually called by RM as "coffee". They were a seasonal release last year so I don't think you can get them any more. If you really like them you might be able to get them custom made? Or, if you are an 8.5G make me an offer I can't refuse :)

Here is a few different angles of the coffee suede boots.   

I am an 8.5G as well so your offer is quite tempting. Unfortunately, I already have suede chukkas in that shade of tan. I'd like to see pictures of Dusty Brown #66 and Mid Brown #24 in suede with denim/chinos. I think those would make a nice 4th pair.

havingaraveup

Reaction score
I read an interesting quote about RMW's recently. Hope it hasn't already been posted.

http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010...rystals-dismissal/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

NY Times Reporter John Burns & Dexter Filkins, war correspondent and author:

...Among his peers, Dexter, who is writing from Kabul, is regarded as one of the very best (some would say the best) of the band of brothers and sisters who have gone to war with their pens and notebooks, their flak jackets and helmets and R. M. Williams boots (from Australia, and by habit heavily scuffed; they are as indispensable to this generation of war correspondents and photographers as the dangling cigarette was to the generation of Ernie Pyle)...
I saw this actually, and it's what convinced me these were as badass as I thought. I tried to figure out what model it was. My first guess was rigger, but that's too esoteric of an RM model, then gardener. But don't you think it's likely the comfort craftman in chestnut yearling, the most common RM boot around? That's the only one that if you go into an RM store and need to buy a boot, they'll have 100% of the time right?

milw50717

Reaction score
From the 'I just developed my first B&W 35mm film using the wrong development time' school of footwear :-

Dr P00b

Reaction score
Your best bet in Sydney would be the RMW store on George St. The only place you will find them cheaper is online or in sales. Unless you know your size you would be best to go in store and have them fitted properly. You will pay a bit more but it is worth it.

Addyjanes

Reaction score
Busa, I just received my MTO order for the Yearling Boot today. It's in dark brown suede with the Comfort rubber sole and the block heel or whatever it's called. If you like, I can take a couple of pictures for you.

Hi Nathan!

Any chance you can post a picture? Trying to decide between classic leather sole and the comfort rubber sole but can't find a pic of what the rubber soles really look like.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jksgoh55

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I just bought myself a pair of yearling craftsman for a pretty good price. (they are from one of the outlets)

However, can someone help me clarify the colour?

The lady at the store said cognac, the label said dark tan.
But the dark tan pictures I've seen on the net seem darker, and i note they usually have a lighter coloured elastic side (compared to the leather).

I think they may be "tan" (i.e. non dark tan)

Anyway i've attached some pics, what do you gurus think?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads