• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brock Zeigler

Reaction score
I have the Comfort Craftsman. They are awesome! The leather sole on the regular Craftsman would wear too fast for me in the northeast with all our weather conditions.

dying actors

Reaction score
Hey,

I want to buy boots to send my Air Max 97 (underrated wintersneaker) on vacation. I was looking at blundstones, but I dont like the newest reviews about their decreasing quality. So I am looking a RM Williams boots, which look nicer and still have very good quality. Bad Thing: They are super expensive in Germany, as they are hard to get (350€ on Amazon).

I like the Stockyard. Is that a good choice as a winterboot? Other recommendations?

Regards

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Mallee would be better, but both are unlined. Should be fine with wool boot sock. Afaik only Blunnies makes a line winter boot in this style.

dying actors

Reaction score
I am looking for an inner city winter shoe: Waterproof, ok sole, good endurance & fine looking with jeans.

I just received the Gardner boot, which are very nice, but dont fit my feet (I need wider shoes). The Stockyard isnt available in Germany, so I have to order them in England (or Australia). I am just checking if my perception of that shoe is correct.

milw50717

Reaction score

I am looking for an inner city winter shoe: Waterproof, ok sole, good endurance & fine looking with jeans.

I just received the Gardner boot, which are very nice, but dont fit my feet (I need wider shoes). The Stockyard isnt available in Germany, so I have to order them in England (or Australia). I am just checking if my perception of that shoe is correct.

Did you order the Gardner boot in the wide H fitting ?

milw50717

Reaction score

I dont think, that I had that Option. They probly dont have that many pairs, so they send you what they have on stock. I ll try to grab the stockyard from England.

Thanks for the feedback.

Different width fittings is a standard ordering option for the Gardener boots. If the retailer that you are ordering from does not offer this, then I'd find one that does.

dying actors

Reaction score
Check out the Ian Harold 'Grazier' boot. Making boots in Australia since 1900

Different width fittings is a standard ordering option for the Gardener boots. If the retailer that you are ordering from does not offer this, then I'd find one that does.

I checked it on Amazon. You have to look for the G or H boot, I didnt noticed that there was a difference when I orderd the boots. It wasnt an ordering option, as they made seperate Amaton-pages for both fittings. Nothing in the details etc.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering getting my black craftsman changed sole changed over to a dynaflex as opposed to the rubber for aesthetic reasons in a business context.

Is this worth it or a little anal? what sort of price would I be looking at AUD?

frezon

Reaction score
About a year ago I ordered a pair of black camel leather Blaxlands MTO. To make a long story short, there were some excess leather on the upper of one of the boots after wearing them in. I contacted RM Williams about the problem including some photos of the problem area and the customer service representative suggested relasting them, free of charge. Since living on literally the other side of the world from the factory it took the better part of the winter to get the boots back.
Opening the long awaited package revealed my boots looking as good as the day I bought them. They felt a bit strange on the first try on but I figured it was due to the relasting and thought nothing about it. I was just about to put them aside when I happened to look at the insole.

The size markings now spell out a full size larger than when I originally bought them!
eek.gif

gthoren

Reaction score
Which size of a regular Craftsman would you recommend for feet that are 240mm length and 95mm width? Unfortunately i have no possibility of trying the shoe on before purchase.

Hayward

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You'd be better off asking RMW themselves I think. I know they have stores in London and New York, and a store in San Francisco carries them.

Busa

Reaction score
Newbie mistake- gotta remember to hit quote-
shog[1].gif

"Is it an Australian thing? Are all the Australian SF members just huddled in this thread?"- from previous post...

Nope- American working in Tunisia, North Africa here... : )

Just ordered a pair of Yearlings in black with a screwed sole from Barry (great guy btw) wanted a dress boot to wear with jeans or the Burberry suit either one...fashion here is very European, but they even wear the long, pointed shoes that tip up at the ends, so a medium toe isn't even particularly fashion-forward here! Just elegant...

Last edited:

Busa

Reaction score
(This was the second, and I promise the last, post that I forgot to use the "quote" function- in answer to an inquiry of how to easily remove boots.)

Growing up in the American Midwest (anyone heard of Oklahoma? Lots of boots worn there!) a boot jack is de rigueur at the entrance to the home, so as not to track cow **** into the house...
shog[1].gif

RM sells them, simple wood with usually felt to protect the leather.

PS- STILL on probation?? C'mon guys!! lol

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads