• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Broark

Reaction score
They're def not that chunky, but yeah, it's a fuller fit when compared to craftsman or Macquarie.

Here they are from the top

View attachment 1367254

They're super cool, get them. I might as well.
They’re a bit fuller than most Chelsea boots you see out there. I don’t really like slim footwear as I wear straight legged jeans and they look a bit odd. I’ll pull the trigger once I’m decided on sizing.

apl_alt

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the RM Williams Sneakers? Admittedly they look massively overpriced and it's not clear to me if I could get them resoled/repaired if needed, but I can't find a ton of other sneakers in this style. Now that I'm in dad mode, chelsea boots are a little less practical when running around with a little one.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the RM Williams Sneakers? Admittedly they look massively overpriced and it's not clear to me if I could get them resoled/repaired if needed, but I can't find a ton of other sneakers in this style. Now that I'm in dad mode, chelsea boots are a little less practical when running around with a little one.

Wait, really? This style is massively popular right now. What in particular isn't hitting for you?

Also, those just seem like leather new balances

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the light olive yearling leather in person? Does it hold up pretty close to the RM Williams photos?

I've seen a few dark olive burnished in the wallet, but haven't seen the light olive. Would be my first RMW boot. I'm normally a Viberg guy and have a variety of light, medium, and dark browns in everything from smooth to roughout leather. Looking for something a little different, and this olive really stood out to me.

Link: Light Olive

emptym

Reaction score
I ended up finding a cheap, NOS RMW belt on eBay, so I went ahead and dyed and burnished the back of my Badgery belt. Here are the three for comparison, Badgery in the middle:
First, the Badgery with the brown grain side:
IMG_8203.jpeg

Badgery with the suede side, dyed black:
IMG_8207.jpeg

The transition from tongue to the rest of the belts:
IMG_8204.jpeg

To do it, I used one coat of black Fiebings suede dye, then burnished it with Bick 4, then one coat of leather dye, and burnished again with Bick 4. I think it'll get smoother with another couple burnishing. I covered the grain side with painter's tape when applying the dye to the suede side. It worked pretty well imo, and the Badgery one, being thinner than the other two, now makes an ideal travel belt. I know at least a couple guys (@JohnAAG, @Crafty Cumbrian) have the Badgery belts and recommended them.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gardners fit a little smaller IMO. For example for me, I take a 9AUS in Craftman and wear a 9.5 in Gardener. I'd recommend a 11.5 AUS, and depending on how wide your wide foot is, perhaps an H fitting.

Here's me trying on a black pair

View attachment 1367001
Where are you trying them on? I can't seem to find anywhere that carries them, especially in wide sizes.

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where are you trying them on? I can't seem to find anywhere that carries them, especially in wide sizes.

There's a wonderful shoe store in Pittsburgh called the Nettleton shop. They just started carrying RMW. I believe there are a handful of b&m in the US that have them, but right now, I recommend getting a bunch of different ones online from a place with good returns.

JUAN MANUEL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And now the black counterpart of a previous post

Brand: RM Williams
Model: Stockyard
Supplier: Pediwear
Sole: Rubber / 360 welt

Note: I was after a chelsea boot that could have a biker vibe without being to loud or chunky and that could be suitable for my body type and also be very cofortable. This boots really do the job; I was a tad resistant due to size issue but a fellow member (Crafty Cumbrian) helped me. This is a wide boot, I solve it inserting running shoes insoles, these boots are very comfortable.

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads