• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RLBL Suit Price

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are a difficult to find size, $700 is totally worth it for a RLBL suit. Solid black is questionable though as others mentioned.

I paid $900 for a solid navy notch lapel RLBL a couple years ago and find that I always go back to that suit for most events. It is one of the few cuts I've found that fit me properly for an athletic build w/ a large drop. Most other brands either don't have enough of a drop or are too slim. I wanted to add that I know others mention finding suits for sub-$400 but I think that is the exception rather than the rule. I went to 2 RL outlets in southern CA over the holidays and neither had a single RLBL suit in my size, let alone a solid.

Last edited:

cgurr

Reaction score
Honestly if RLPL and RLBL were the same price I would buy the RLBL just because of the fit. I have about an 11in drop so finding suits with an aggressive cut w/ nice fabric is pretty hard. I like Paul Stuart as well but I've never seen those as low as this either. Paul Smith has some attractive designs but most people say their quality is **** compared to RLBL and I also have not seen them too far below this deal.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not a bad deal, though I don't consider solid black peak lapel to be particularly versatile. To me, that looks like a 2b tux that someone left the lapel facings off of. I saw several RL stores that had a black peak lapel with faint, almost tonal, stripes that looked a lot better. It's also worth taking any suit you find there and like up to a sales person and asking if they can locate one in your size. This happened to me over the holidays in Chicago. Barney's had a great navy pin dot stripe suit but at $1k that fit. Went to the RL store and asked if they could locate one in the same size in either regular or long (I'm indifferent). They happened to have the L in stock and it wasn't out because someone had put it on hold in November and never came back for it. That day it was $610 + tax and I was quite pleased!

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its a solid black. I don't have a solid black suit so I suppose it would be fine. I'm assuming black is fine for work as well.
Thanks for the link as well, sorry about that.

No, it's not.

cgurr

Reaction score
Yea mixed reviews. I'm sure a lot of people don't wear black in business but like one person said...why? As long as you add some color to it and not look like a drab I say why not. That's like saying a rolex submariner can't be worn with a suit. I just never understood these rules. If it looks good it looks good.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
meh not a fan of black, the harsh contrast is to much for me to like it.

cgurr

Reaction score
Also, can anybody else confirm that RL stores will source suits from other stores? I'll call tomorrow but I just wanted to check here first. I already bought the black as I need a black anyway. As I have no black this purchase can be justified as I might have to go to some nice events??:D

cwh812

Reaction score

Also, can anybody else confirm that RL stores will source suits from other stores? I'll call tomorrow but I just wanted to check here first. I already bought the black as I need a black anyway. As I have no black this purchase can be justified as I might have to go to some nice events??:D

Confirmed. They will do this if you ask them to and aren't dealing with a crazy SA.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only other thing I'll say about black is that it's probably the easiest of any suit color to break up and wear the trousers and jacket separately. I almost bought a black Hickey suit a while back for this purpose alone; I wanted a black blazer to wear casually and figured I could always find use for a pair of black trousers.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Only other thing I'll say about black is that it's probably the easiest of any suit color to break up and wear the trousers and jacket separately. I almost bought a black Hickey suit a while back for this purpose alone; I wanted a black blazer to wear casually and figured I could always find use for a pair of black trousers.

Plain black odd trousers are an abomination. Black trousers should only be worn if they have some sort of interest to them, like they're cords or velvet or something.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carwyn