• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

fknandrew

Reaction score
It's essentially ebay stores for Japan. I've ordered an Isaia jacket from a Rakuten shop before with no hiccups.
I wouldn't say ebay, due to the incredible security they do on sellers. There are no casual sellers in Rakuten, only actual businesses, so it is pretty much safe. They have an english site that is worth it if you don't mind going through some initial pains.

kayhill

Reaction score
Going to be in Tokyo and seriously considering a sports coat from RJ. I have a large drop (8-10) and am wondering if the RJ cut will be suitable.

Hey mate,

I recently visited their Aoyama store while over there. Most of their jackets are small by Western standards -- really small. It's not so much the drop but the tightness across the chest and shoulders. They're also quite short.

I had to size up one size for my purchase, and I only found one cut that would fit me. They do, however, have a few jackets in the larger cut I bought, but the majority of the sports coats were in the smaller cuts.

For reference I'm 181cm and 76kg.

Some pics of what I bought can be found via this link: http://www.greedanddisgust.com/blog/2014/5/5/linen-jacket-by-ring-jacket-japan

Last edited:

Sartorial Scum

Reaction score
Hey mate,

I recently visited their Aoyama store while over there. Most of their jackets are small by Western standards -- really small. It's not so much the drop but the tightness across the chest and shoulders. They're also quite short.

I had to size up one size for my purchase, and I only found one cut that would fit me. They do, however, have a few jackets in the larger cut I bought, but the majority of the sports coats were in the smaller cuts.

For reference I'm 181cm and 76kg.

Some pics of what I bought can be found via this link: http://www.greedanddisgust.com/blog/2014/5/5/linen-jacket-by-ring-jacket-japan
Thanks Kayhill,

Ill pop in and check it out anyhow, I have a feeling our proportions would be similar, Im 179 and 73 kgs so it might work.

The RJ jacket looks great by the way.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
is there an online catalog of what they have? I'd like to order, but I don't know what they have for RTW (can't do MTM obviously as overseas)

Last edited:

HighToned

Reaction score
I translated the Japanese size chart since a lot of people are buying via Internet.
Be careful it's the size chart of Ice Twist Silk model Spring Summer 2014 that I found on Rakuten.

I hope It can help people. Let me know if you see mistakes.

Last edited:

muchisgiven

Reaction score

About 30 USD shipped by EMS. Mine shipped/arrived in 3 days (!) but I ordered directly through email.

Okay great...I notice that there are other stores that are selling Ring Jacket's for very cheap. Do you always chose the same store, or do most of them pretty legit?

conradwu

Affiliate Vendor
Timed Out
Reaction score
Okay great...I notice that there are other stores that are selling Ring Jacket's for very cheap. Do you always chose the same store, or do most of them pretty legit?

I've never bought from their webstore (or other webstore). I purchased mine by emailing one of their sales reps and wire transferring the funds to their bank account.

darksmoke9

Reaction score
I just tried on this Ring Jacket suit (size 42) at The Armoury. Obviously the sleeves would need to be lengthened, but does the jacket seem too short?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads