• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ridiculous s**t you have done for money.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
P.S. the Frosty tasting went well -- I was ushered into a sterile white room with nothing but a short table, a wall-mounted LCD monitor, and a rubberized keyboard in it. A small slat in the wall slid open and a hand reached through to give me the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosty. I ate a few bites, answered questions, left, and was handed an envelope with money in it.

On a related note: scamming your way into focus groups is a hilarious way to make a bit of extra cash.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
1: when I was seven, I believe that I ate a ball of tin foil the size of an egg for five dollars.

2: My friend and I stole half a dozen guns from some white supremacists, which we then turned around and sold.

3: I had *********** ex-girlfriend's sister for a tank of gas and a carton of cigarettes.

4: I was the guinea pig for some sort of Cancer study for $250 last year.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
P.S. the Frosty tasting went well -- I was ushered into a sterile white room with nothing but a short table, a wall-mounted LCD monitor, and a rubberized keyboard in it. A small slat in the wall slid open and a hand reached through to give me the Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frosty. I ate a few bites, answered questions, left, and was handed an envelope with money in it.

On a related note: scamming your way into focus groups is a hilarious way to make a bit of extra cash.

Let's hope they don't discover in a few months that the frosty topping produces impotency or latent homosexuality...
devil.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Digging ditches in what amounted to solid rock, in 100 degree heat. Cleaning bathrooms at a school for developmentally disabled children (some of the kids there tended to miss, unfortunately.)

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ts4them
That's awesome, what year was that?

It must have been about '84 or so -- around when the movie Breakin' came out.
smile.gif

Related to my breakdancing money-making scheme, I failed to mention earlier that my first "real" job was working, off the books, for one week during the summer after fifth grade at the (ahem) "water pipe" factory where my father worked -- all so that I could buy my first Sony boom box.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Working in a pet store could get pretty disgusting at times. Also worked as a poll worker for university student government elections, which certainly could be viewed as some ridiculous sh*t.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While in high school I waited tables and served food at an upscale nursing & retirement home in Florida. One of the ladies that sat in my station was younger than the rest but had her salivary glands removed so before serving her order I'd get each course separately puree'd with water in a blender.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
While in high school I waited tables and served food at an upscale nursing & retirement home in Florida. One of the ladies that sat in my station was younger than the rest but had her salivary glands removed so before serving her order I'd get each course separately puree'd with water in a blender.

ill...eew

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1. Window dresser at a department store.
2. Dope delivery mule. I once hitchhiked 50 miles with something like 75 pounds of pot in a couple of Samsonite suitcases.
3. Test tester. I worked for some department at my University and took tests. For hours at a time. I didn't even know the material in most instances, so who knows what good it did anyone.

Augustus Medici

Reaction score
1. Fry's - the sinkhole of electronics superstores that regularly employs people with sparse language skills or sketchy backgrounds. Years after I left, I found out that one of the supervisors was nailed on pedophilia-related charges. I also knew a guy that dropped out of highschool and worked at Fry's as a computer salesman, much like a used-car salesmen. I didn't even know computers required salesmen, to be honest.

2. Fossil - selling watches at the Dallas Galleria. For some reason, it wasn't embarassing at the time but is now extremely embarassing now that I look back. Not a bad job, all in all, and had a great buxom Texan boss. Still, I was the ***** to whoever walked into the store, which were usually teenagers.

3. Taste tester - only did this a few times for Pizza Hut (HQ is right on Tollway). Got paid $40 for a night's worth of pizza tasting. Not bad at all, though all the questions and food got to be a little tiring after a while. This was before I had discovered the joys of marijuana.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Door to door selling in industrial areas, during the aussie (35 degree day) summer. Imagine interrupting a mechanic/factory worker's work, to try and sell fake finding nemo umbrellas/ plastic cups with flashing lights.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads