• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revenge of the Sith

PHV

Reaction score
"although I still fail to understand why I should have been expected to waste twenty-five years of my life following the progress of a beeping trash can and a gay, gold-plated Jeeves."

There were a few other golden lines in that review. The writer completely dissed the movie. I laughed a lot.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Disappointing in every way...I want my subtitles back.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the star wars movies since the 70's. It has been my intention, since I understood that the series would only be finished about now, to wait until they are all available on dvd and see them at once (although my previous intention, actually, had been to see them all at once at one of those old fashioned theatres that used to show series over the course of a weekend.) in a year or two, when available, I'll rent the whole series and see it, over the course of a weekend.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the star wars movies since the 70's. It has been my intention, since I understood that the series would only be finished about now, to wait until they are all available on dvd and see them at once (although my previous intention, actually, had been to see them all at once at one of those old fashioned theatres that used to show series over the course of a weekend.) in a  year or two, when available, I'll rent the whole series and see it, over the course of a weekend.
God, save yourself the hours and hours of pain, go back and watch the ORIGINAL (non CG'ed) Star Wars and Return Of The Jedi, and then stop.

Watching the whole thing in sequence would be like getting a 20 hour root canal.

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(globetrotter @ May 22 2005,11:18) I haven't seen any of the star wars movies since the 70's. It has been my intention, since I understood that the series would only be finished about now, to wait until they are all available on dvd and see them at once (although my previous intention, actually, had been to see them all at once at one of those old fashioned theatres that used to show series over the course of a weekend.) in a  year or two, when available, I'll rent the whole series and see it, over the course of a weekend.
God, save yourself the hours and hours of pain, go back and watch the ORIGINAL (non CG'ed) Star Wars and Return Of The Jedi, and then stop. Watching the whole thing in sequence would be like getting a 20 hour root canal.
speaking of which - anyone have the laserdisks of the original non-'Special Edition' trilogy, that they want to get rid of?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember when Star Wars first hit the screens in the 70s. A carload of my buddies and I got immensely hallucinatory and went to a classy old theatre to watch. We had to sit in the front row to get the whole effect. It was a pretty awesome film in its day, but then again my mood was altered. For further insight into the mood of the day: after the film, we went to a go-cart track and gave the ticket guy $100. He locked the doors and we spent the next three hours with the place all to ourselves.
smile.gif
I've watched the rest of the films, more out of tradition than for any appreciation of either the story or the "art". I'll go see Sith with a couple of my kids and thankfully put the whole issue to rest.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i actually enjoyed but i had very low expectations.

was anyone else cracking up when darth vader yelled "noooooo..." after ripping off the 'birth of frankenstein' scene?

and when yoda made the bad guy fly backward and he ended up flipped over his chair with his legs in the air.

i agree it was a bad idea to make r2d2 a bad ass. it doesn't fit with the rest of the movies.

was the jimmy smits character supposed to be the same guy as billy dee williams'? he sure talked like him.

Brian SD

Reaction score
All of the dialogue involving Anakin and Natalie Portman sucked noodles. I laughed. Many others in the theatre laughed.

On the whole, it wasn't painful to watch in the same way that Episode 1 and 2 were. I actually even enjoyed Episode 3, but maybe it was because I was expecting utter ****. The effects were nice and I enjoyed the constant metaphorical stabs at the Bush administration.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When Vader lets out that slow scream and rips himself off the table, I almost expected him to start tap-dancing like Peter Boyle in Young Frankenstein. Truly a horrible scene, I think the entire row I was seated in just started cracking up.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Watching the original trilogy was a fond childhood memory that has now forever been tainted by this talentless hack).

koji
Glad to see someone else had the same thought I did.

Thanks George Lucas for ruining one of my favorite childhood memories with your stupid, watered-down, logically inept sequel/prequel whatever the hell these last three films have been.

Problems with this film:

1. When they rescue Palpatine from Dooku (what a stupid $%$@#%@ name) and crash land back to the planet, they're greeted by what - not planetary defenses as you might expect if a space battle is happening above you - but firefighting ships - they didn't even have to waggle to let their own forces know they had taken control of the ship.

2. Gee - Jedi are awfully easy to kill.

3. Anakin just whines and whines and whines...

4. Why does it take about 15 minutes in this movie to go from one planet to another - but in the original set of films it took days - does technology really regress that much in the following 18-20 years?

5. Oh - I guess it does - R2 has the ability to hop out of a ship here - guess his circuits get creaky 'cause in the next 18-20 years he seems to lose that ability.

6. Finally, Vader and Obi-Wan sure age a lot between the end of this film and the start of the original one. Maybe it's because Tatooine has two (or is three) suns - but if Obi-Wan is about 32 now (my guess) - than he's only 50 at the beginning of Star Wars - and then Alec Guiness sure played as an old 50-year-old. Plus - Vader would be about 42 - guess that suit really makes you old.

All in all - I wish I had my 2 1/2 hours back that I wasted seeing this movie.

Bradford

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...yeah, plus the movie sucks...

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The most egregious, offensive, idiotic thing about the film concerns the final climatic battle (basically what the ENTIRE 6 films hinge on). I don't know about you guys that grew up on Wars, but the way Old Ben described it, I imagined an epic battle with him valiantly attempting to save his friend and "brother" as Anakin clings desperately to a ledge in order not to plummet in the lava below; whether he let him fall, or actually failed to save him should be ambiguous...... NOT SCREAMING AT SOME FLAMING PARAPALEGIC SCANT FEET AWAY AS HE INHALES TOXIC FUMES AND YOU DON'T LIFT A FINGER TO HELP IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER (some Jedi)
sarcasm.gif
Good one Lucas. and oh yeah, you suck. koji

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More plot holes:

If Anakin is so powerful, why does he need the Emperor to inform him Padme dies, shouldn't he just "sense" it?
Nice training Yoda...you might have just possibly mentioned to Luke how to block force lightning...just a thought...

koji

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Luke was a wuss compared to the Jedi in their heyday. Plus he threw his lightsaber away before the Emperor shot him, so it's not like he could have done much of anything to block.

Edit: Plus I wouldn't be so ready to rescue a friend who went bad and became a childkiller, I think Obi-Wan gave Anakin all the "friendliness" he could have by not cutting his head off and ending it right there

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
...yeah, plus the movie sucks.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.