• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Revenge of the Sith

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
There was a novel published (I believe called Rise of Darth Vader or something like that) dealing with this time; apparently the new TV series will also attempt to fill in that time gap.

koji

koji is this novel and the tv series considered canon? i would be interested in these if they are .

4Mica

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
How long are we going to have to talk about this supid frickin movie? It's over. It was over two years ago. Let it go. It sucks. Forget it.

Let's see if I can kill this thread (I am the StyleForum's version of a cooler). A long time ago (in the mid 90s) a friend of mine (who's family came here from Cuba in the mid 80s) brought over his game system so we could play some video games (I never really got into video games so I didn't have my own system). While we are playing a Star Wars game and talking he asks me "How do you know all the characters in this game?" I say, "From the movies" He says, "What movies?" Needless to say I sent him home with the trilogy on VHS .

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
koji is this novel and the tv series considered canon? i would be interested in these if they are .

The novels (apparently) have to all be approved by Lucas before publication, and the TV series will be done by Lucas himself (for better or worse, mostly the latter). As critical as I am regarding the prequels, some of the novels (Shadows of the Empire and the Thrawn Triology, in particular) are very well done, and the plot of KOTOR kicks the prequels' ass.

koji

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Eddie Izzard already did it in his stand-up routine. Vader goes to the canteen in the Death Star. The guy working behind the counter doesn't recognize him...hilarity ensues. There's a lego version of it on YouTube if you search. b
One of my favorites routines. Darth Vader: I will have the penne all'arrabiata. Canteen Worker: You'll need a tray. Darth Vader: Do you know who I am? Canteen Worker: Do you know who I am? Darth Vader: This is not a game of who the **** are you. For I am Vader, Darth Vader, Lord Vader. I can kill you with a single thought. Canteen Worker: Well, you'll still need a tray. Darth Vader: No, I will not need a tray. I do not need a tray to kill you. I can kill you without a tray, with the power of the Force, which is strong within me. Even though I could kill you with a tray if I so wished. For I would hack at your neck with the thin bit until the blood flowed across the canteen floor. Canteen Worker: No, the food is hot. You'll need a tray to put the food on. Darth Vader: Oh, I see the food is hot. I'm sorry. I did not realise. Ha ha ha ha … oh … tray for the … yes. I thought you were challenging me for the fight to the death. Canteen Worker: A fight to the death? This a canteen, I work here. Darth Vader: Yes, but I am Vader. I am Lord Vader? Everyone challenges me to a fight to the death. Lord Vader? Darth Vader, I'm Darth Vader. Sir Lord Vader? Sir Lord Darth Vader? Lord Darth Sir Lord, Lord Vader of Cheem? Sir Lord Baron Von Vader Ham? The Death Star. I run the Death Star. Canteen Worker: What's the Death Star? Darth Vader: This is the Death Star! You're in the Death Star! I run this star! Canteen Worker: This is a star? Darth Vader: This is a ******* star! I run it! I'm your boss. Canteen Worker: You're Mr. Stevens? Darth Vader: No, I'm … who is Mr. Stevens? Canteen Worker: He's Head of Catering. Darth Vader: I'm not Head of Catering! I am Vader, I can kill catering with a thought. Canteen Worker: Wha'? Darth Vader: I can kill you all! I can kill me with a thought! Just … fine, I'll get a tray, *******. This one's wet, and this one's wet and this one's wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. This one is wet. Did you dry these in a rainforest? Why, with the power of the Death Star do we not have a tray that is ******* dry? I do not … no, no, no! I was here first! Other guy: You have to form a queue if you want food. Can I have, uh … ooo, penne all'arrabiata. That'd be very nice. Darth Vader: No, no, no! Do you know who I am? Other guy: That's Jeff Vader that is! Darth Vader: I am not Jeff Vader, I am Darth Vader. Other guy: What? Jeff Vader runs the Death Star? Darth Vader: No, Jeff … no, I run the Death Star. Other guy: You Jeff Vader? Darth Vader: No, I'm Darth Vader. Other guy: Are you his brother? Could you get his autograph? Darth Vader: I can't get his … no, I'm Jeff … all right, I'm Jeff Vader! I'm Jeff Vader! Other guy: Could I have your autograph? Darth Vader: No, **** off or I'll kill you with a tray! Give me penne all'arrabiata or you shall die! And you and everyone in this canteen! Death by tray it shall be! Canteen Worker: Do you want peas with that? Darth Vader: Peas! You don't have peas! You can't put in right in … you can't put …it doesn't work with penne! Unless you push 'em up the penne tubes and then it'd be weird! Oh, all right! Put some peas in.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeKirk