• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

EPrest90

Reaction score
Haha thanks for the advice! I was never keen on the 875s, but they are starting to grow on me. They are the chestnuts. I have two pairs. I bought one for work and couldn't bring myself to wear them at work, so I bought another pair for work and one for going out. I know, I'm ridiculous. The work pair are worn everyday for the last year and see all kinds of abuse. The ones in the middle of the Iron Rangers and Blacksmiths are a Munson boot that was a collaboration with Jcrew and my new boots are 4579. It's a beckman boot as well collaboration with Jcrew as well. Here's a few pictures.

Apologize in advance for all the pictures.

These are the chestnut Beckmans and a comparison picture of my work ones and other ones.

Man, I really want some chestnut beckman oxfords.

rfang129

Reaction score
Hey guys, just bought a pair of RW 1907's. Since Im not used to buying higher end boots, initially my right boot was tighter and felt more snug than my left boot. I could feel my pinky toe bone poking out on the sides on the right boot, while the left boot felt perfect (almost a bit loose). This is common because my right foot is usually more flat footed and if I went another half size down, my right foot would have no way in getting into the boot. After about a week of break in, I can feel the right boot adjusting to the width, but I am starting to feel that they may be too big. Returning is out of the question as I used a online source but went into red wing to try a size. Do you guys recommend any insoles I could use to get the fit better? Thanks!

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, just bought a pair of RW 1907's. Since Im not used to buying higher end boots, initially my right boot was tighter and felt more snug than my left boot. I could feel my pinky toe bone poking out on the sides on the right boot, while the left boot felt perfect (almost a bit loose). This is common because my right foot is usually more flat footed and if I went another half size down, my right foot would have no way in getting into the boot. After about a week of break in, I can feel the right boot adjusting to the width, but I am starting to feel that they may be too big. Returning is out of the question as I used a online source but went into red wing to try a size. Do you guys recommend any insoles I could use to get the fit better? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. Great choice with the 1907's -- the leather on these is absolutely beautiful. Did you size at the average Brannock size of your two feet? Most people's feet are in fact different sizes (I'm a 12.5 on one foot and 11.5 on the other!) and some people elect to get custom boots (like White's) in two different sizes but that can get pricey...

I recommend the following orthotic to fill the boots up a bit:
http://www.amazon.com/PROFOOT-Custo...e=UTF8&qid=1429775614&sr=8-8&keywords=profoot

Last edited:

rfang129

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Great choice with the 1907's -- the leather on these is absolutely beautiful. Did you size at the average Brannock size of your two feet? Most people's feet are in fact different sizes (I'm a 12.5 on one foot and 11.5 on the other!) and some people elect to get custom boots (like White's) in two different sizes but that can get pricey...

I recommend the following orthotic to fill the boots up a bit:
http://www.amazon.com/PROFOOT-Custo...e=UTF8&qid=1429775614&sr=8-8&keywords=profoot
I know, Ive wanted these boots for a while now and its a little unsettling to see my almost 300 dollar investment not turn out the way i want it to be. unfortunately i did not use the brannock device but I did use the electronic machine at the red wing store. I had the sizes of 10 and 9.5, Im guessing the 10 was my right foot. I ended up sizing down to a 9 which i think is the average. Thinking about it again, I think I maybe should of tried the 8.5 size but exchanging or returning my current boots would be a huge hassle. I appreciate the recommendation and will look into these insoles.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can score a pair of Harvester Boots online in North America? Been having trouble finding a pair...

mr. burns

Reaction score

jbrown4883

Reaction score
Would like to know where I could find these boots or if anyone know's who is selling them any info would be greatly appreciated looking for a size 12.....thank you

ElBron21

Reaction score
Im still sitting on 2 pairs at my red wing store, the black Beckmans and the black Brogue Rangers...
Still can't decide which one to get and THEN I saw these harvesters boots too.
I'm also contemplating just buying the muleskinner Iron Rangers again,
my other pair my irish wolfhound puppy ate half of one. Still wearable with the right jeans but not very supportive
and I have 7 heritage pairs already so there's that telling me do I really need another pair?
Well. No, but Yes. Yes I do.

mr. burns

Reaction score
Thanks. They've been great and I'm on my feet 8 hours a day in them working and my feet never ache when I get home and take them off. My left foot is slightly wider than my right so I occasionally get hot spots on the left little toe and the edge of my foot just below when my feet expand a bit, which is why I'll be looking to get a custom fit boot next.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads