• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

JjasonL

Reaction score

Found damage on my 1907s.. Any ideas on how to fix this tear??

ElBron21

Reaction score

A great day for 8138

Those look nice and fresh. I love how soft the crepe outsole feels when they're new!
But, not to sound petty, I hate when there's a double cuff and/or giant cuff on jeans with boots. Makes a bloak look like he's trying too hard to show off ones boots...
The boots speak for themselves

ElBron21

Reaction score

I've been wearing these a ton lately. Black harness engineers.
Took awhile to get used to pull-up boots, my toes were always clinching like I was gonna walk outta them...but now it's kosher.
They look great in black jeans
And I will say one thing, I've never had women comment more about this pair then probably my other red wings combined

ElBron21

Reaction score

Yes sir, these are indeed the 8180 Kangatans.  love em :)

Thought so! Slick boots
I talked to another owner of those a couple pages back, he had posted a pic of em next to the original kangatan of yesteryear
I suggested to him, and now to you, to put a nice black smaller lug commando outsole on them (once the crepe wedge outsole wears out)
That would make them look amazing and more like the original.
Although they look good to begin with. Just a thought.

spedrunr

Reaction score
Thought so! Slick boots
I talked to another owner of those a couple pages back, he had posted a pic of em next to the original kangatan of yesteryear
I suggested to him, and now to you, to put a nice black smaller lug commando outsole on them (once the crepe wedge outsole wears out)
That would make them look amazing and more like the original.
Although they look good to begin with. Just a thought.
these might be some cool black neoprene soles

Reaction score

Here's my collection of heritages and my most recent Red Wing purchase

Are those chestnut Beckmans in there? Any extra pics of those? They look minty

What model are the new ones?

Great collection! I picked up the 875s a few months ago and my other RWs haven't been seeing the same love. Wasn't sold on the crepe sole but they are noticeably more comfortable for all day walking. -only warning you now in case your collection starts growing again!

Glorysends

Reaction score

Are those chestnut Beckmans in there? Any extra pics of those? They look minty

What model are the new ones?

Great collection! I picked up the 875s a few months ago and my other RWs haven't been seeing the same love. Wasn't sold on the crepe sole but they are noticeably more comfortable for all day walking. -only warning you now in case your collection starts growing again!

Haha thanks for the advice! I was never keen on the 875s, but they are starting to grow on me. They are the chestnuts. I have two pairs. I bought one for work and couldn't bring myself to wear them at work, so I bought another pair for work and one for going out. I know, I'm ridiculous. The work pair are worn everyday for the last year and see all kinds of abuse. The ones in the middle of the Iron Rangers and Blacksmiths are a Munson boot that was a collaboration with Jcrew and my new boots are 4579. It's a beckman boot as well collaboration with Jcrew as well. Here's a few pictures.

Apologize in advance for all the pictures.

These are the chestnut Beckmans and a comparison picture of my work ones and other ones.

Here is a close up of the Munson Jcrew boot which I love. One of my favorites along with my newest and a picture of what they should look like when they get worn.

And here are my work boots and how they looked yesterday and then after I polished them.

Last edited:

Glorysends

Reaction score

I'm coveting those Munson boots right now....

They are awesome! One of my favorites. The style number is 4597. They were an older boot with Jcrew and then some store in Wisconsin had bought a bunch of over stock of them or something and had a limited supply of them online. Check Ebay for them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads