• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most of the class is working on technique. The padwork helps getting ripped as you go through roumds of throwing combos. Then there is sparring (grappling, striking, full mma). We also did conditioning running sprints, flipping tires, and hitting tires with sledgehammers. Then they also had us do you 10 minutes of as many rounds as possible of 10 burpees, 10 squats, 10 push ups, and 10 sit ups.

sepp

Reaction score

Most of the class is working on technique. The padwork helps getting ripped as you go through roumds of throwing combos. Then there is sparring (grappling, striking, full mma). We also did conditioning running sprints, flipping tires, and hitting tires with sledgehammers. Then they also had us do you 10 minutes of as many rounds as possible of 10 burpees, 10 squats, 10 push ups, and 10 sit ups.

That's truly grueling. It is always good to see bodies that developed for functionality.

Anyway, to put this thread on track:

First MMM Gats. Loving them.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would be really cool and useful to have several models modeling the same piece. Must be some software solution available for that? I have afriend that works at Looklet that i think do something like that (https://looklet.com/) but a bit unclear for me.

Models really never give me any idea of how something fits, 6´3 models in size medium, and im like "the measurements look kinda small for an XL..."

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is pretty typical. Dips and stuff on the athletic chair as well, and stair running in a stadium. Bear walking, pushin dogsleds, lots of different types of crunches and situps. Box jumps. Kettlebells. All high intensity, in intervals. Long, slow runs for that cardio.

The workouts are designed to build "functoral" strength, power, and muscular endurance. Carrying too muscle is generally seen as undesirable, since it taxes your cardio, and can also decrease fast twitch.

I fought lightweight and even feather (which was too taxing of a weight cut), bit the workouts are similar for all weight categories, heavyweight being somewhat different.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would be really cool and useful to have several models modeling the same piece. Must be some software solution available for that? I have afriend that works at Looklet that i think do something like that (https://looklet.com/) but a bit unclear for me.

Models really never give me any idea of how something fits, 6´3 models in size medium, and im like "the measurements look kinda small for an XL..."

Japanese stores often do modeling on a few models of different sizes.

Ecco

Reaction score
Siki Im Peg Leg

OL First Cut (ends light grey jean with larger thigh search)

Cons

Vans

Uniqlo

And a bunch of AA Loose summer crew shirts. Waiting on a blue leather jacket then I'm set.

Trit

Reaction score

These have been in my Dream Box forever. Every time they get reduced I say, "Those are too tight. They won't fit." And now they went even lower and I bought them. Capitalism in a nutshell.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
A pair of tickets to Tokyo for two weeks :) Will be following up with some of you for cool things to do and see and eat..

End of September through beginning of October, so unfortunately too late for good eel and too early for more sumo or fall foliage, but I am still looking forward to it!!

Last edited:

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in London and I used to wear Doctor Martens so I decided to get a pair of Solovairs. I admit I'm not as active on this forum anymore so I don't know what the demographic is like, but I know we used to have a few members that had some sort of skinhead influence.

Anyway, I was originally going to get the smooth leather which is just a corrected grain, but after years of wearing some higher quality leather shoes (Crockett & Jones, Rancourt, Red Wing) it was painful to put anything on. The guy at the British Boot Company showed me this waxed leather option which had noticeably higher quality leather, and I was sold. Paid around 200 pounds for it, honestly quite expensive for what it was when Loake 1880 line costs that much, but I wanted a pair of Doctor Martens styled boots and these fit the bill.

Also less exciting, picked up a pair of Supergas in Navy. (not my picture)

superga_mens_trainer_cotu_2750_navy.jpeg.1.JPG9

And not my picture, but probably my biggest shoe purchase ever, a pair of Crockett & Jones

Pretty good shoe haul this past month :happy:

magicalporks

Reaction score
Couldn't resist not buying things any longer
redface.gif

KKA

shoutout to @MagicalZechs for enabling !

orgreen

lost my old copy somewhere
i know, i'm ashamed of myself too

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads