• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What don't you like about them?

idk they just look like over designed sweatpants, like something you could potentially find on virginblak. But maybe I am just not seeing the whole picture of how you intend to wear it :)

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are Julius so of course they are overdesigned. :slayer:

But really the zip on the waist tightens the fit. I think these photos show the difference when it's zipped up:

I could still cancel the order, so interested in other opinions.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the few waywt that i saw of yours seem to suggest a wardrobe different than what this would be best suited for, but at the same time i remember youve been buying more things along this genre

Can your return it?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol figures i like the fit more when they look sloppy :embar:

no one should listen to my advice

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like he zipped the waist tighter and just pulled them up in the second photo. In the first he's letting them hang baggy. I can't return them, but not sure how tough it would be to flip them.

afranzheim

Reaction score

Damn I need a Strike Gold hoodie. Did you get your normal size? I had to size up on their sweatshirt and it's still pretty tight after a wash.

They will stretch quite a bit!! If its initially tight in the body you might get +2" of stretch. I was even able to stretch the length of the arms as I wanted to one roll the cuff.

Re: sizing: No, I sized up in this...so I went with an XL. This is one larger than my normal Japanese sizing. Frankly, I probably should have gone with XL in their other hoodies...and I will prob forgo traditional washing them.

Strike Gold boils the indigo ones in a vat of indigo dye and then puts them through an industrial wash/dry...so all the shrink is out of them and most importantly they don't bleed onto your other tops. The later was the selling point for me.

It's interesting that the the nap of the brushed interior is very different on the indigo ones...its like the pile appears broken and distressed. Very interesting and hard to describe.

Last edited:

melonadejello

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the Julius pants too. Better unzipped

like, that leather or waxed canvas/cotton?

It's leather. I actually have the same jacket already in a slightly different version. Different leather, different details, and the fit came out different. So I wanted to give this one a try.

I'm afraid I'll end up wanting to keep both :3

Last edited:

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 necklaces for my nieces birthday but not being delivered until Tuesday

Ordered 2 shirts

Reserved a shirt for my boyfriend to pick up during the week

Ordered a leather biker jacket...

Pics when they've arrived:)

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you know, i actually like the julius pants. it's the fabric that makes them work. on typical denim, the zips would look straight A|X. also, it helps that the zips themselves are pretty discreet. not beefy ykk or something

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads